Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembering NFS III (help..............)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering NFS III (help..............)

I just purchased NFS III (Hot Pursuit), I know its old, but it was cheap and the nephew boys think it's swell.
    I was reading Jordan's post in the FAQ forum about hacking the registry for NFS: HS to recognize the G400, so as to enable Triple Buffering and higher resolution. I've tried following his suggestions, but when I reboot the computer the registry reverts back to the old settings. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm running Windows 98SE.

Thanks a Million

Charles

For those that are interested, here is what Jordan said about NFS:HS

"Okay, I see alot of people on Gaming forum asking for these registry hacks, as the G400 isn't supported or found through the 3DSetup program.
    My first reg-hack was:

Check in the d3dsetup if it's chosen the right videocard (being the G400)
    If it didn't, check in the registry that on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELECTRONIC ARTS\3D DATA\CARD6 it shows Group "D3D" and Name "Matrox G400"
    If anything else shows there, change it to Matrox G400.

My second reg-hack would go like this:

Start regedit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELECTRONIC ARTS\Need For Speed High Stakes

Where it says 3D Card and 3D Device Description, you could go through the hassle of renaming it "Matrox G400", but really necessary it isn't
    The D3DDevice should be edited to a value of 1, as well as Triple Buffer (also 1).

Rebooting Windows is needed for the registry to be read again, after which you continue to your 3D setup in the NFS:HS folder/under Start etc. Put the 3D renderer to 3D Device 1 (or if you changed the name like above, to G400).

Now start the game and put your name in, choose a single race. Do not go to Start Race, but to the Options.

From there, pick Graphics, Advanced Settings, and check that Triple Buffer is on (if you see a lag in graphics ingame, put this option to off !!), as well as Z-buffer is on, all the others should be set as high as possible, fog on, lens-flare on.

Now go back to the graphics screen (with the done button in the left-lower corner), and set your screen resolution to 800x600x32(z) or 1024x768x32(z) ...

Then set the rest of your preferences.

The game should work okay now.

Jorden.

------------------
    What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Men?
    What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Men?

I don't know if there's a setting in SE that says to read the backup of the registry at all times, if the user made changes into it. But that would be something I'd hunt for !!

Jord, a difficult name, not a difficult person
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
    X