Quake3 Fixed, Quake2 Screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake3 Fixed, Quake2 Screwed

Ok the new 6.0 driver's fixed quake3, i can run it now.. But my quake2 got all messed up.
    The textures keep breaking up and tuning into rainbow's of color and it's impossible to play. Anyone else have this problem? Oh yeah, i can run q2 without the turbo gl driver's or q2 wont even load. It freezes at the title screen .. Just when i thought everything was fixed, they screw up what already worked.
    Will we ever have Console Quality games on a PC?

what i meant to say was, i can't run q2 unless i use the turbo gl driver's .. it wont even run with the 6.0 driver's unless i use turbo gl .. why cant i win here.. its a lose lose situation..

Comment

Q2 runs fine here with just the regular ICD. There is a problem with the TGL that will cause rainbow effects, but you don't really need the TGL anymore for Q2. The regualr ICD is just as fast. I would make sure that you have removed any OpenGL32.dll files from the game directory and reinstall the Matrox video drivers. You do still have Microsoft's original OpenGL32.dll in your Windows/system directory? Do other OpenGL games have this problem?

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I have already tried to remove the opengl32.dll from my q2 directory but when i do q2 wont go past the intro screen. I have the original opengl32 file in the win dir.
        All other game's work fine.. I have even done a clean install of q2 .. I don't understand.

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X