TV out is B/W only for mjpeg avi files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV out is B/W only for mjpeg avi files

Have you tried the 5,15 drivers with beta video tools? Also try other cables...

TV out is B/W only for mjpeg avi files

Hi, i have a Mystique G200 + RRG and i have problems with TV output of *.avi files created with mjpeg compression.
    Output on both my TVs and my VCR is B/W either using S-video out and composite out.
    This happens only playing *.avi files with mjpeg compression, other windows and standard *.avi files are correctly viewed with colors. I have tried using different drivers for matrox hw, i have installed again win98, drivers and MSP5.2 or MSPVE5.0 with the same results.
    Can we help me?
    Thanks

Max

Comment

Hi Max,

My experience with Marvels (I've had 4 so far) is that about 50% of them are in some way "out of spec," such that the video output during MJPEG playback will not play in color on some equipment. The MJPEG playback will appear in color on the computer monitor, but it will appear B&W on a TV or VCR connected to the TV-Out. If you enable the TV-Out mode that causes the Windows desktop display to appear on the TV-Out, that will come through in color on the TV or VCR.

2 out of the 4 Marvels I've had have had this problem. I don't know if I've just been unlucky, or if the problem is really that common, or what...

Rick
      http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

Hi, thanks for your help, yesterday i have bought a second RRG200 and it seems to work well, tv output of mjpeg avi files is correct, so it is ok but i'm not satisfied to spend money for two RR card.
        Now i'm waiting for an answer by Matrox tech support.

Max

Comment

Working...
        X