Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT Editor - Anyone experienced with it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT Editor - Anyone experienced with it??

I was trying to remove all weapons to create an "Air Hammer" only version of CTF-Riot or CTF-Niven Experimental. I figured those were small maps well suited for our infamous Hammer only matches from the DeathMatch days.

I thought it would be a blast to have a Hammer only CTF map.

Anyway, I don't seem to be able get this to work. Can any of you guys give it a shot???

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

What is your Problem? What does not work?

Comment

I was able to remove all the weapons and amunition from the map but would get errors and respawn problems when the game started.

I would like to be able to respawn with the hammer as the only weapon. My problem is that I'm not experienced enough with game editors to get this to work.

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Did you 'Paths define' after removing the items? Otherwise you will get problems with bots.

Comment

I pulled all the weapons out of the CTF-Niven map and the map works, I just can't figure out how to get the default weapon to be the air hammer and not the pistol when you enter the game. So does anyone know how to get the pistol out and the air hammer in as default weapon? I would like to just get the pistol out all together so you only have the air hammer as a weapon.

Oboy
          I LOVE THE HAMMER MATCHES!!!!
          Time to make the wafers!
          Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
          jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

i dont know much about UTEd, but im thinking that if you have a method of looking at the players weapon preferences , you should be able to get it to choose that weapon

but like i said i dont know much about UTed so i could be full of it

Frankfurt
            Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
            WinXP Professional SP1
            Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
            3COM 905C

Comment

Well we're getting close. Still no respawn with only the Hammer.

Anyone know how to do this?????

Paul aka Darth_Mahl

Comment

i cant get unreal ediotr to work it says thread32x is invalid or missing>????

huh?

Oracle

------------------
                P3 600e (not o/c yet &lt;G&gt
                128mb 100mhz sdram
                abit be6-2
                matrox g400 max (not o/c
                v3 2000 pci
                soundblaster 16pci
                4.3gb seagate udma 33
                15.3 wd udma 66

P3 600e @ 660 (6*110)
                128mb 100mhz sdram
                abit be6-2
                Radeon 32ddr (biding time till the g800
                voodoo 3 2000 pci (166)
                soundblaster 16pci
                4.3gb seagate udma 33
                15.3 wd udma 66
                creative modem blaster 56k ext
                win me
                ie5
                direct x 8.0

Comment

heres a silly question, whos using the new version of UTEdit (think its called version 2)(it was the most recent patch, ie the 420 patch)? Apparently for one, its more stable, and it seems a little easier to do things, if you havent got it yet, i suggest you try it out

Frankfurt
                  Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
                  WinXP Professional SP1
                  3COM 905C

Comment

Frankfurt,
                    The new editor as a LOT of bugs in it. I was reading on<A HREF="http://unreal.gamedesign.net/">Wolfs Unreal</a> that where will be a new UT patch update(4.21)coming out soon to fix the bugs in the editor. He didnt say what it was going to update in UT.

Oboy
                    Time to make the wafers!
                    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

oboy, i noticed over on http://www.planetunreal.com
                      's news page, that there is a brief list of bugs it fixes...if you wanna get some idea of some of the bug fixes, head over there

Frankfurt
                      WinXP Professional SP1
                      3COM 905C

Comment

Working...
                      X