UT gamers...need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT gamers...need suggestions

Hi UT Gamers, im resetting up my UT dedicated system (got faster processor now)
    and was wondering from the ppl on this forum what game type they would be interested in seeing there, i am asking here first because although im hoping for you to visit it, it will be a public server...

thanks for your thoughts/suggestions

Frankfurt

P.S. because i want to get this beast up asap i will take the first choice that gets more than 5 votes...

Oh yeah, the reason im resetting is cause the computer was reformatted and UT had to be reinstalled, i had lost my previous server set up

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 15 June 2000).]
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Hi Frankfurt,

Started playing a little Assult the other day and it was very fun. I am not picky though I will go to your site and play any of the game types, they all are fun. I do miss deathmatch from time to time.

Comment

Personally, I never get tired of CTF. Mostly I just enjoy the REAL teamplay aspect ofit.
      Team DeathMatch doesn't really do much for me. The only difference between it and straight DM is that there are a few less people who you are trying to kill and likewise who are not trying to kill you.

Any of the other team based modes would be cool, but I definately love CTF the best.

Ian
      Primary System:
      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
      Seccondary System:
      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
      Tertiary system
      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I am with HedsSpaz. I have not yet grown tired of CTF. I think it is because there is a point to the game. Assault also has an objective, but the people that REALLY know the map have a clear advantage. At least in CTF if you don't know the map very well you can devend (unless Snake Eyes and Manifest are on the opposing team). CTF for me.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

I'll go with CTF as well. I've played the Team Death Matches on the MGI server, but they weren't as good as CTF is.

And about being good or not, I usually end up with negative frags anyway, but keep on playing, just because it's fun

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

CTF

What is your server's address?

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

well, i guess thats something i can say...but it still may be some time before its up, i dunno why but everytime i try to set the system up to play, the damn computer reboots, probably the heat...anyways...address is
              standard UT port number

Frankfurt
              Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
              WinXP Professional SP1
              3COM 905C

Comment

forgot some, oops

from what i have read the type of server it is gonna be is CTF...
                here are the maps that are gonna be in the rotation
                BonusPack Maps
                Innox Pack Maps,
                Default UT Maps,
                And a few custom maps; listed below

CTF-DECK16]I[
                CTF-DiamondSword
                CTF-Esprit
                CTF-Gateways
                CTF-HallOfGiants
                CTF-Intro
                CTF-McSwartzly ][
                CTF-Scandinavium
                CTF-TwinValley
                CTF-WarFare
                CTF-Warrior
                CTF-Horus
                CTF-Stronghold
                CTF-Terra
                CTF-Orbital

edit I really hope thats all of emedit
                thats about it...for now in terms of maps, if you need to get some of the maps head to www.planetunreal.com/nalicity

i believe ill be setting the player limit to 12 or 14, not sure which yet

Frankfurt

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 16 June 2000).]
                WinXP Professional SP1
                3COM 905C

Comment

At least name your server Mark's Gaming Intention server, Mark

Or would Matrox file a complaint then?

Jord.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

well, thanks for that vote of encouragement there Jord, for those who care i named the server "Toasted's UT CABLE CTF Server"
                    It can be found at 24.112.131.122, although im not entirely sure that it will register on any of the master server lists, all that means is that you have to manually enter the address, and then you may even want to store it in your favorites list (i did)
                    and one last thing, the recommended number of people that should play on the server given my connection method, is suggested at 6, but i have it at 10, if you find it gets too laggy, let me know, ill reduce the player load

And OBOY, maybe it would be an idea to put up a list of all the servers that MU have set up to play on, u know for those nights when the usual stomping grounds are full, or are a little laggy

Frankfurt
                    WinXP Professional SP1
                    3COM 905C

Comment

Good idea. Especially given recent experiences on the MGI server.

------------------
                      Ace
                      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600
                      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Ill start working on it!

Oboy
                        Time to make the wafers!
                        Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                        jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
                        X