Cinematics in Quale Arena demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinematics in Quale Arena demo

I didn't build my new box (650E@897 - 32 mg G400 DH) to play games, but after I finally got the G400 running in 2X AGP after installing Via 4.03 driver, I wanted to see how it does in Quake. Having not played Quake since the original version, I'm impressed at how good it looks and runs on the Matrox.

The cinematics don't work, though. At least the opening screen which is all the demo lets me select. The sound plays, and I see the background, but there is no animation. Can this be corrected?

Otherwise... looks great...

Are you using TurboGl 1.3 in combination with Power Desk 6 ?
    If so, I think it's PD 6's fault. I don't get the cinematics working with this combo

Comment

TurboGL v1.3 broke Q3A's cutscenes. Disable it. No problem in the earlier versions of PD v6.0 beta.
      Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Yeah I have PD6.0 running with the latest Turbo GL. The performance is otherwise excellent, so I'll probably just leave it be until the next release (having spent a coupla weeks just trying to get AGP 2X going). Thanks for the info...

Comment

Cinematics aren't broken with the latest TGL if you buy the retail game. The demo was broken for many other cards as well.

Rags

------------------
          Partnership for an idiot free America

Comment

Rag: I do have the full version and the lastest version.
            Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

antdude you are right, same problem here with TGL1.3(TGL1.0)+PD6.0beta

Comment

HERE you will find a nice little fix to be able to see ALL of the cinematics along with a few other cheats
                jim
                PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
                128mb pc-100 cas 2
                Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
                Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
                SB Live!
                Winblows 98se & DX7
                and 384k DSL!

Comment

Working...
                X