Problems with G400 Max and new HL patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with G400 Max and new HL patch

I have been having problems with the new HL/CS patches and my G400 Max.

Before I installed the new patches I could run HL/CS fine. It even had a wonderful fps =) The other day I installed the new patches for the game and the mod. I connect to a counter-strike server fine and the first map plays wonderful.

Now my problems occur when the map changes. Once the new map loads my textures are a mess. I have to quit out of halflife and restart/reconnect to the server and the textures go back to normal.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if it was my system/the patches/a g400 bug? I am going to download the new beta drivers for the G400 now, I am running the 5.3 ones at the moment.

thanks.

-Joseph "Piggyson" Drust-
    ---jdrust@piggyson.com---
    -http://www.piggyson.com-

System Specs: PII 400mhz, 128 ram, G400 Max 32, Sblive!, yada yada yada

[Edited Because I can't spell ]

[This message has been edited by Piggyson (edited 21 June 2000).]
    -Piggyson-

The latest HL/TFC/CS plays fine on my machine.
    I used to get some occasional texture corruptions with the older drivers (not as severe as you describe). The 6.xx drivers seem to take care of those problems...try em out, and let us know if it's any better...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yes you defintely need to go to the newest drivers.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I used the Powerdesk cleaner and whiped out all the powerdesk files from my CPU. Then I installed the Beta 6 patch.

I fired up CS and it ran fine for the first map. As soon as the map rotated the same problem occured.

I am totally uinstalling HL at the moment and CS, I am downloading the FULL patch from the origional HL version now incase my multiple upgrades were corrupted along the way. I tried taking a few screenshots of my delema but the pictures came out blank.

I will tell you how the full reinstall of the game goes. Hopefully that is the cause.

ugh.. I still went 15/2 until I couldn't play with all the textures being one gigantic skybox
        heh
        -Piggyson-

Comment

I should have also asked what video mode you are running the game in.
          If you are running in D3D mode, switch it to OpenGL...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Are u using Turbo Gl driver? I have the same problem as u described with standard ICD but not with the TGL.
            Intel Pentium III 600
            196 MB SDRAM
            Matrox G400 32MB DualHead
            10GB Maxtor HD 7200rpm
            Compaq 40x CDROM, Toshiba SD1212 DVDROM
            Creative SB Live Value
            Microcom Deskporte 56k Voice modem
            Compaq P700 FD Trinitron Monitor

Comment

I use the regular ICD (no TGL for any game on my system). I don't think I've seen a single corruption since PD6 and HL1.1...

Comment

Doesn't TurboGL come standard with powerdesk? How would I go by disabling it? I'm not sure if I am using the ICD or the TGL, how would I go by checking?

My download for the full HL patch finished last night while I was asleep. Once I get off work I will reinstall HL and CS and see if that fixes the problem.

Kruzin: Opengl mode, I don't like D3D
                -Piggyson-

Comment

Piggy: Right click on desktop, properties, settings, Advanced (I think), and one of those tabs has option to load Pdesk. Turn Pdesk on, and right click on that blue monitor icon in your taskbar. You can uninsta/install TurboGL to games. I think I got the steps right.
                  Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

I found the tab antdude thanx. I couldn't get HL to load at all when I wasn't running the turboGL thou =( I received the "Graphic mode not supported" It could have been because I was running under "default" rather then "3dfxmini." I will try it again later.

I just reinstalled my whole HL/CS/PD system.
                    So far it looks like it is working, I have not tried a netgame yet thou, but when I switch maps on a LAN game the graphics do not go corrupt.

I also stopped by the Matrox forums and posted there. There has been quite a few people on those boards that are having the same problem as I am having. They even stated that they created a Bug List for this exact problem. So if my textures go wack again I may just have to wait for the next matrox patch. thanks for all the info

-Piggyson-
                    -Piggyson-

Comment

I've actually seen what you are talking about. It's been happening a lot more lately to me and I too have to quit out of halflife and restart. I first noticed it the other day when I started on map 'estate'. The whole sky was gone and it was just a bright white empty sky. The other wierd thing was that it was daytime on this map all of a sudden(it's a nighttime map). After a few minutes of play, the sky came back but it was still day time. At this point, the map cycled to 'malitia' and all of the lights and wires running to the lights in all of the buildings were bright white again. Next map, almost everything was bright white so I restarted. I noticed it happening a couple more times since then as well. Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I've chalked this up as a 1.5 patch problem. I'm not sure if it exists in TFC as I don't play as much, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Dave
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

oops, forgot specs:

K6-2 500
                        192MB PC100
                        G400 Vanilla(PD 6.x beta)
                        Asus P5A mobo
                        SBLive!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                        X