NFS:PU problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS:PU problem

I have a problem with Need for speed: porsche unleashed.

Few minutes I after I load it, it switches back to the desktop with this dialog:

"Årror: terminate execution?
    D3D Flipping complex display surface failed err DX7 Error Code:
    DDERR_SURFACEBUSY (887601ae)
    FILE \3rash\dx7\dx7wrap.c, LINE 1000
    [FILE=(null), LINE=0]"

if press Yes the game terminates, if I press No I can switch back to the game and continue playing (until it happens again, it does every 30-40 seconds).

This happens every time I play the game.

I don't have any problem with other games (previous NFS games, Motoracer 2, Quake 3, UT) or any stability issues at all.

Hardware:
    Soyo 6VBA-133
    Pentium III 550E@852MHz
    256MB PC133 RAM
    Matrox G400 MAX
    Soundblaster PCI64
    Quantum Fireball KA 9.1GB
    Hitachi GD2500BX DVDROM
    Yamaha 8424 CD-R
    Creative DXR3

Drivers:
    Powerdesk 6 beta (the problem appears with version 5.55 as well)
    DirectX 7.0a

Looks like a Direct Draw Error in Directx7

Have you tried reinstalling Dx 7.0a?

Btw, I use Dx 7.0a and have tried to find the above file on my harddrive, but don't have it. It looks like a C file, and then a wrapper of some kind. You might want to try to rename the file (if you can find it) to something else temporarily, and if the problem goes away then, delete it.

Maybe it's a wrapper for some other game using Dx 7.0a, so be carefull.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I had tried to reinstall directx 7.0a. No luck.

Comment

Did you look for this file dx7wrap.c and rename it (to something like dx7wrap.ppp) and then start up NFS:PU again???

What is the 3rash directory for, anyway? Dx 7.0a should install itself under Windows and in Program Files\Directx\Setup where it has a file named Diag.exe only....

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

No such file... my guess is that this has something to do with the source code of the 3d engine of the game - some kind of runtime error. Who knows?

Comment

Obviously the C source file and the line number is there only to help the developers who actually have the source code (you don't so don't waste your time looking for it).

As for this error message unfortunately all I can tell you is that I never ever got it or even something remotely similar.

What you didn't mention is which OS release you are using. I'm using the US English release of Win98 SE plus DX7.0a to play NFSPU.

Try killing anything useless potentionally running in the background, running the NFSPU's 3DSetup again etc.

[This message has been edited by fds (edited 21 June 2000).]

Comment

Well I have Win98SE fully patched and optimized.

I run a pretty minimalistic setup, but I'll try to kill the few progs that run. I don't think it'll help much....

I got another minor problem with the game. I have a dualhead setup, two monitors, and the games always runs at the second monitor!!!

The 3dsetup gives me two Matrox G400 entries but no matter what I select it runs of the second monitor (and plays like sh*t). The only way I can play in the first monitor is to disable dualhead multi-display. But I don't mind much... takes me about 35 seconds to reboot! It's just very odd - no other game ever did that!

Comment

Working...
              X