Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Romero's Daikatana SUCKS BIG TIME !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Romero's Daikatana SUCKS BIG TIME !

If there is anyone out there who thinks that John Romero’s latest game Daikatana is a GOOD game, please explain that to me…cause I just don’t get it. I mean this game is almost unplayable, it has no quality what so ever (maybe the level design has some bright spots). I haven’t been able to play through the first freaking time period, cause I’m getting to frustrated at things that sucks even worse than things in a average alpha test game demo. How can Eidos invest so much money (as they have) in to this piece of shit, when real quality game makers such as Looking Glass Studios are forced to shut down there business, due to lack of financial support. I just don’t get it. The game market has seen to many crap games, it’s time to start develop good/quality/fun computer games. Don’t get me wrong there are a couple of great games in this genre out there, for example:

System Shock 1 & 2
    Thief 1 & 2
    Shadow Man
    Unreal & Unreal Tournament
    Half-Life
    Heretic 2
    Quake 3

Whit this Daikatana game, John Romero has shown that he has nothing more to offer after the success with Doom and Quake. And it also proves that the real brain behind those titles where in fact John Carmack.

Well, that’s what I wanted to say…hope I didn’t make to many people upset ; ) But hey, as I wrote at the beginning…if you like Daikatana feel free to make a response and explain WHY you like it.

Please also note that I’m talking about first person game play in Daikatana, NOT multiplayer…maybe multiplayer ROCKS…I haven’t tried it yet.

Sheers.

Christopher

------------------

Hahahahahaaa

You didn't actually buy the game did you ?

And no, multiplayer doesn't rock (not even a tiny bit of boogie).

Torben R
    G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

You gots to check this out
      http://www.conhugeco.org/TLMoM_super...ck_it_down.mp3

Someone made a collage of Daikatana in-game audio. It's too damned funny ("I can't without my buddy SuperFly...")

-Sean Bires
      -Sean Bires

the 'net gets slower by the day, I swear...

Comment

OMG, thats worth more than the whole game!!!!!
        AHAHAHAH

Comment

Christopher:

You were warned months ago that Daikatana would be bad (bad meaning bad, not bad meaning good). Or didn't you read the ads that promised that "John Romero's about to make you his bitch"? LOL

I hope you didn't fork over too much hard-earned cash for this load of garbage.

-=W=-
          My system specs:
          Intel Pentium III 650MHz @ 806MHz
          Asus P2B motherboard @ 124MHz FSB
          128Mb PC-100 SDRAM
          Asus AGP-V7700 GeForce 2 GTS 64Mb PURE, Detonator 3 installed
          Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value with LiveWare 3.0
          Quantum Fireball ST 6.4Gb & 4.3Gb
          I/O Magic 8X DVD-ROM (region-free)
          Kenwood 42X TrueX CD-ROM
          Just Cooler FC-900L Central System Cooler
          CTX PR711 17" Monitor, currently running 1024x768 32-bit @ 100Hz (set using HzTool)
          Microsoft Intellimouse with IntelliEye
          Logitech SoundMan X1 speakers and subwoofer
          Windows 98 (not SE), DirectX 7.0a
          3DMark2000 v1.1 default benchmark score: 6284

Comment

At first, I thought it was my fault... then I found out that the game had been overhyped before it came out. When I saw that everyone thought the game smelled worse than a dead sewer rat, I sighed in relief.

That game being on the shelves is theft. The game is awful and John Romero knows it.

Comment

This goes out to Rohde and WarFlail, who thought that I maybe bought this so called computer game. The answer is…HELL NO ! Somehow I stumbled over a copy, just lying around (ohm I guess you guys know what I mean by that). But I must admit that I was pretty messed up at first, listening (or reading) to Romero’s smooth talk about the game. I mean this guy laid it down nice and thick (even comparing it to Half-Life and saying it was even better), so I can admit that I was really looking forward to this game. I mean who wasn’t ? Honestly ? The early screen shots looked pretty nice, and the whole Asian theme…you got to LOVE that…all this stuff mixed up with Romero’s computer-game-pillow-talk. I got pretty fu_ked up.

I guess I’m just fed up with people like Romero who are talking about stuff and how great everything is…yada yada yada, and then when it comes down to it they are in fact talking STRAIGHT OUT THEIR ASSSSES.

Ok people. One last thing, and this is for you Romero. Ever heard of Harakiri ? ; ) Shit he’s going to drag my ass to court now…

Cc

------------------

Comment

I'm going to buy and finish it` i will be the first in the WORLD to do so ... I want to buy it on E-ay for 5$ though to complete the expirence....Stay tuned

Comment

Make sure you keep some stomach sickness pills handy.

Comment

LAMFDTK,

I think you're too late! I'm pretty sure that Mr Romero has already played the game to the end. But, getting second place isn't all bad... :-)

I still can't get over that slogan about Romero making bitches out of everyone... LMAO

-=W=-
                    My system specs:
                    Intel Pentium III 650MHz @ 806MHz
                    Asus P2B motherboard @ 124MHz FSB
                    128Mb PC-100 SDRAM
                    Asus AGP-V7700 GeForce 2 GTS 64Mb PURE, Detonator 3 installed
                    Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value with LiveWare 3.0
                    Quantum Fireball ST 6.4Gb & 4.3Gb
                    I/O Magic 8X DVD-ROM (region-free)
                    Kenwood 42X TrueX CD-ROM
                    Just Cooler FC-900L Central System Cooler
                    CTX PR711 17" Monitor, currently running 1024x768 32-bit @ 100Hz (set using HzTool)
                    Microsoft Intellimouse with IntelliEye
                    Logitech SoundMan X1 speakers and subwoofer
                    Windows 98 (not SE), DirectX 7.0a
                    3DMark2000 v1.1 default benchmark score: 6284

Comment

Hi ppl,
                      I am a bit confused, do y'all think Daikatana is a good game? coz, I don't...in fact this game is full of bugs...graphics is soooo out of date, come on...Quake2 was awesome...back then...well...I guess it's still cool for some Quake2 fans, hehe maybe Quake2 is even better than Daikatana. Anyways, the characters in Daikatana is really fake and dumb, they never do what you want them to do, and I just can't stand that their mouths not move when talking. Even Soldier of Fortune did a better job. Anyways, if any one of you have played a little bit of Daikatana, the first few levels pretty much describes the whole game. First of all, the color of the water, walls, etc.. were all green, yes, green like duck sh*t...weapons were so bad that I was better off using the gauntlets or fists...the worst one of them all in the first timeline was the repeater tommy gun thing...it was just plain crap! The later timelines allows the use of the Daikatana blade..and man does that blade suck, I don't feel strong nor powerful at all...even the light saber in Jedi knight gave me more fun than this. Also this game just isn't worth your time and effort. I played a couple of levels in order to write this junk, in fact I am wasting my time now to write this pathetic short review.

Anyways, ppl who just has too much time on their hands should consider other games such as UT, Vampire or even MDK2...this game is just as bad as it gets.

PS I played Mortyr longer than this game...hehehe...if you know what I mean.

------------------
                      Sanjuro Makabe

P!!!550E @ 733Mhz
                      ASUS P3V4X 1005, 4in1 4.22, AGP 4.03
                      128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
                      Matrox G400Max PD6.00 beta
                      SBLive! LW3.0
                      WinMe 4.90.2535

Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
                      ASUS P4T-EA
                      Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
                      ATI 8500 Retail
                      SB Audigy Plat. ex+
                      WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

WHAT THE…!

Makabe are you kidding me. How could you have though that we were talking positively about Daikatana. I mean people literally describes how the puked when they played it. We HATE this game, more that you… You were able to play longer that me, and I use to have tolerance about shitty games. Hell…I even played through, King Pin, Wheel Of Time and Soldier Of Fortune…and according to most people these titles are NO picnic = ) In case somebody else gets the wrong idea: I H A T E D A I K A T A N A. Ok ?

I think it’s time to stop this little Daikatana slapping, hopefully people get the idea and will NOT buy is…except LAMFDTK ; )

Makabe do you know who Takeshi Kitano is ? (I assume that you are Japanese, no offence).

…rockthefunkybeats…

Cc

------------------

Comment

Hi CC,
                          I was just playin, I know you guys hate the game, hehe, this game is just so bad...

anyways, no I am not Japanese and I dunno who the guy is. You don't know where I got my name from? I thought you play many 3d Shooters..hehe...the name is from Shogo: Mobile Armor Division...hehe

------------------
                          Sanjuro Makabe

P!!!550E @ 733Mhz
                          ASUS P3V4X 1005, 4in1 4.22, AGP 4.03
                          128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
                          Matrox G400Max PD6.00 beta
                          SBLive! LW3.0
                          WinMe 4.90.2535

Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
                          ASUS P4T-EA
                          Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
                          ATI 8500 Retail
                          SB Audigy Plat. ex+
                          WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

>Hell…I even played through, King Pin

I really enjoyed Kingpin.. It's still one of the greatest games ever to be based on the Q2 engine. It's a pity they didn't quite finish the game.

For Daikatana, on the other hand, one of the reasons it sucks badly is because Romero insisted on including everything he envisioned years ago.
                            Thus leaving a huge pile of garbage in there which should have been cut immedately when they realized that they couldn't make it work well and are a complete failure.

Comment

Well it seems that some of you out there have been lucky enough to be able to play the game without it crashing. Under Win 2K I cant even get beyong Marsh part 2 - the game promptly exits with an error message - christ it says it supports my configuration on the box - but they must be fibbing.

BTW - everything else works fine under Win2K - even quake II so how come such a new release is full of bugs/problems.
                              What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Working...
                              X