Star trek Armada and Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star trek Armada and Windows 2000

Not sure if this is a Matrox related problem or not but when I play ST: Armada under Win2000 the voices are choppy when giving commands to the ships. I put in the 1.1 patch and I'm running Creatives Win2000 drivers for the SBlive and its still doing it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Below is what usually works for Windows 98. I am unsure as to how to do this for Windows 2000, but it should be similar.

Go into the multimedia control panel and click on Advanced in the playback section. Select the performace tab and move the slider from "Max Performance" to "Max Compatability". This has been known to work on other games that had this problem or a similar one.

Comment

OMG, thank god! I've been playing that game in Win2k with the screwed up sound too.. but was too lazy to search for a fix. I'm 2 lvls from finishing it anyways... but it drove me nuts all that time.

Comment

Working...
      X