Help w/HL- Op Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/HL- Op Force

OK...don't laugh... No HW or SW problem here; I'm bloody stuck in the game. Have never had this happen in a game like this before.

I'm stuck at the big, ugly green monster that exhales toxic fumes. I can hop from one side to the other and shoot him in the eye with the laser, but he just spits out another one of the annoying one-eyed smaller monsters that fires the electricity (damn I hate those things...) Have been playing for 5 days (taking time out for meals, of course ) trying to kill this b***ard. Eventually he gets me.

While we are at it, what's up with the alien fish and alien electricity-shooter thing? Seem to have no control whatsoever with aiming...and the damn gun that creates a portal...I don't get it. Right-click, send me to the alien dimension. Left-click, kill myself. Huh?

Help! I'm so confused!

Hints...clues?

well, i played that a while back, and AFAIK you can't kill it with weapons, this part of the game is accomplished the same way that it was done in Half-life where you had to distract the creature to get up to the top (or was it bottom) to activate those things it needed activated. Anyways, basically from what i remember you have to switch on the valve and the gearbox (yes i know its corny, but it was ACTUALLY in the game!) to do that you have to head down basically below the disgusting thing and find the side rooms which will let you activate the valve and gearbox. If you have the grappling hook, you could try to get to them that way, but if memory serves correctly, theres no organic material to latch onto.

hope this helps...about the fish thing, i have no idea what your talking about.
    Any questions this raises, ask em and i will see what i can do to solve them for you

Frankfurt

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 20 June 2000).]
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Comment

Wrong monster...already killed that sucker (flushed him with toxic waste...) This is the one where there is a laser gun on each side of him...

Comment

use the lasers and shoot at the eyes...thats all there is to it, should take like 3 shots to both eyes, have to hit something like left then right, cant keep hitting one eye because i believe after you hit the eye, it'll close
        when you hit both eyes they both open again, do the procedure again, watch out cause it starts destroying things left and right, and i dont mean you either

Good Luck, savor it when you beat him.

Frankfurt
        Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
        WinXP Professional SP1
        Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
        3COM 905C

Comment

Got 'im! But DAMN! That was the end of the game! Thks...

Comment

Working...
          X