HL patch 1.1.0.0 + PD 6 killed HL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL patch 1.1.0.0 + PD 6 killed HL?

Well, I no longer can play HL or TFC. No mater what I choice I make in the menus I get chucked to the desk top or it freezes. At first It will wait until I start the game (single player) or update the server list (for online play), but after that just clicking on a choice in the menu freezes the game or chucks me to the desktop (this being on a restart).

I have now gone to the 5.52 driver and the turboGL 1.30 driver. I have reinstalled the game and patch (1.1.0.0). Still the same problem. This is the combo I was with before the bata drivers. Strangely it has not fixed the problem.

For reference I did uninstall both the drivers and the game before reinstalling. I am not O/Cing the card and I set the processors to default settings to make sure that was not the problem. And yes I searched for driver components with mgs,g400, and pdesk in them and removed them before installing the new drivers (both cases).

For the short time I did have the game running the sky was corrupt in TFC map rock (is that the correct name?). Also there seemed to be other little problems with a random texture. Nothing that stopped game play but noticeable. Over all the game seemed to be smoother and faster but I can not back that with numbers seeing that I cant get it to run any more.

Any thought on why I would have these problems?

Jeff

------------------
    Remember when naps were a bad thing?

ABIT BP6 - 2 x Celeron 500 @ 533 - 196MB PC100 - MX300 - 3Com 509c -Kingston 10/100 KNE110tx - Creative PC DVD 6x - G400 DH - DSL (True Love Here) - Win98 se - Win 2000 pro

-We stop learning when We die, and some
    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

I am having the same problem...

With the new Matrox G400 v6.0 beta drivers (CS = CounterStrike v6.5 beta; OF = Opposing Force v1.1.0.0):

With TurboGL, CS mod doesn't work very well. I get corrupted texts and graphics in the maps big time. It no longer kicks me to desktop like in 5.x drivers. OF has no texture glitches as far as I noticed.

Without TurboGL, CS mod works on the first map. However when I try a new map, I get corrupted textures on walls.

OF has texture glitches a few seconds later, especially after hitting ESC key to menu and back to game. It's mainly on walls.
    Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Oh yeah, did you notice the version before v1.1.0.0 works fine? I think it is the new version is the cause.

Comment

I don't know what's causing your problems, but I can tell you that I'm using HL1.1/TFC1.5/CS6.5 and PD6.10, and the game plays fine for me...so I don't think it's necessarily the game patch...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have to agree with Kruzin here. I have the same installed as he does and all is fine here also. Actually I downloaded and installed all for the MURC LAN party this past weekend and all ran very well even though I was not overly impressed with the CS 6.5 beta mod.

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Strangeness continues...

I now can play. The sky and objest textures are missing frome time to time but I can play. I made no changes to my computer from the time I started this topic to now. I did let my computer sit off for some time. I am wondering if I am having a power or heat problem. I have been watching my heat and it seems to be ok, 44C to 56C depending on temp in the room and what the computer is doing. And as for the power supply it is a little 250. I am looking at upgrading to 300 or 350 to give a little breathing room.

Jeff

------------------
            Remember when naps were a bad thing?

ABIT BP6 - 2 x Celeron 500 @ 533 - 196MB PC100 - MX300 - 3Com 509c -Kingston 10/100 KNE110tx - Creative PC DVD 6x - G400 DH - DSL (True Love Here) - Win98 se - Win 2000 pro

-We stop learning when We die, and some
            people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
            Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
            - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
            - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Hmm, now with CS 6.5 and PD 6.0, I get even more texture corruption then before. I don't know if TurboGL still works (It didn't work with CS 6.5 and PD 5.x). I'll try it and see how it is.

Comment

L.S.: Don't use the TurboGL driver in HL games yet. I noticed the missing flashlight when playing with TurboGL.

I removed TurboGL. If I am playing HL and its mods for the first time, I am okay. Once I go to main menu and return to the game, corrupted graphics all over (i.e. wall and textured items -- not people and enemies). Ugh!

Comment

Working...
                X