Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CounterStrike v6.5 beta crashes (related to Matrox G400?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CounterStrike v6.5 beta crashes (related to Matrox G400?)

Why is it every time I try to connect to a CS 6.5 server or start my own LAN server (to test), the game kicks me out to desktop? It happens when it is loading a map. I tried the regular TFC v1.5, and it was perfect (I love the new netcode for my 26400 modem connection). Same goes for single player. I have a P2 300, 128 MB of RAM, Matrox G400 32 MB, TurboGL, DirectX 7a, etc.

I did notice something: Using a 3Dfx card (Voodoo2 12 MB) or removing TurboGL driver works! When I don't use TurboGL, the game acts weird when I start another LAN game server after disconnecting one. Like I see a dialog box in the menu and mouse is stuck. I can end task HL though. Better than nothing but still annoying.

What da heck is going on? I already reinstalled CS with the full version and deleted config.cfg file.

Anyone have the same problem? I already posted this question on CounterStrike's forums, but I have no luck! I look forward to receiving replies.
    Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

I have the same problem. Good to know im not alone Anyway, LAN game gives me an Out Of Memory error (I highly doubt that, I have 256MB and almost nothing running in the background). Net games just crash and send me back to the desktop. I haven't tried it without TurboGL yet. I'll try it later on and see what happens.

------------------
    Intel P3-750 Coppermine (No OC yet)
    Abit BE6-II
    Micron PC133 256MB RAM (128MBx2)
    Quantum Fireball KA Plus 18.2GB
    Promise Ultra66 (I don't use the integrated one)
    Kenwood 52X TrueX
    3Com Courier Analog V.Everything (great modem, but still want DSL)
    Diamond MX300
    Matrox G400MAX (5.52 w/ TurboGL)
    DirectX 7.0a
    Cambridge Soundworks Microworks system
    Sony 19" 400PS
    Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel
    Epson Perfection 1200U PHOTO Scanner
    Epson Stylus Color 850 inkjet
    Addtronics 7890A w/ 300W Power Supply

Comment

Yeah, according to CS' forums, there are others with this problems. Even those with Voodoo cards! Ugh!

Comment

I tried it with the ICD and it works fine, but I get glitches from time to time that I don't see in TurboGL (like texture corruption).

Comment

It's the darn G400s fault! CS 6.5 beta won't even run in SOFTWARE MODE! It's GOT to be the videocard! :-)

Comment

Ha ha, very funny. It's not the video card since TFC v1.5 works [grin]. It has to be the mod!

Comment

What's really funny was, along time ago I decided to upgrade from my old G200 to a V3-3000 AGP so I could pay HL using something other than software mode. Only problem was, HL would bug out when switching back to the interface while playing just like the G200 did, when I ran HL in Glide mode. If I used OpenGL, it didn't bug out, but then it ran just as slow as the G200 did. So I just said forget it and returned the V3 and waited a while before getting a G400MAX.

I guess the moral of the story is that Half Life really sucks. They must not have spent more than 5 minutes testing to see if it worked right before releasing the game... oh well. Too bad Quake2, which is a terrible game as far as entertainment goes runs very nicely on almost all systems.

Comment

I have the same problem too !
                When i'v start CS 6.5 with OpenGL settings, the screen jump back to my desktop??? But it works in D3D, but it isnt' the same framerate as TurboGL! its' less than 30fps, and for me thats unplayable!

K6-III 450, 128mb ram,G400max , Eizo F55s, Plextor and IBM SCSI hd's....
                Athlon Thunderbird@ 918mhz
                128 megs ram PC133
                Asus A7V
                G400MAX (not o/c)
                Eizo F55s
                PLexwriter + Ultraplex cd-drive!
                SCSI hd's...

Comment

kumse: Yeah, it seems to be a known problem according to CS' forums. Oh well. Did you guys try disabling TurboGL? It seems to work. I wonder if the v6.0 beta drivers help?

Comment

With the new v6.0 beta drivers (CS = CounterStrike v6.5 beta; OF = Opposing Force v1.1.0.0):

With TurboGL:
                    CS mod v6.5 doesn't work very well. I get corrupted texts and graphics in the maps big time. It no longer kicks me to desktop like in 5.x drivers.
                    OF has no texture glitches as far as I noticed.

Without TurboGL
                    CS mod v6.5 works on the first map. However when I try a new map, I get corrupted textures on walls.
                    OF has texture glitches a few seconds later, especially after hitting esc to menu and back to game. It's mainly on walls.

Comment

I think that we should write to the CS programming team, and tell them that we are some Matrox gamers, who's qute angry and disapointed, and we wants' to play the CS mod! but they need to fix the bug in the sourcecode! (or whatever the bug is).
                      I have also tried to use these ParaKnowYa 3rd' party drivers ver. 5.55 for the G400, but no with no sucsess!

Matrox rules !
                      128 megs ram PC133
                      Asus A7V
                      G400MAX (not o/c)
                      Eizo F55s
                      SCSI hd's...

Comment

Kumse: I complained on CS forums. Participate with me . Others too! I noticed a lot of bugs in HL upgrades and mods. That's normal for a major upgrade so we need to tell them what bugs we are having!

Comment

OKAY! that sounds like a good idea! how should these boring GeForce gamers els' know any thing about the cool Matrox gaming?*LOL*
                          Anyway ill' also try to visit these CS forums, and help to solve the problem !

------------------
                          K6-III 450mhz
                          128 megs ram
                          Asus P5a
                          G400MAX (not o/c)
                          Eizo F55s
                          SCSI hd's...
                          128 megs ram PC133
                          Asus A7V
                          G400MAX (not o/c)
                          Eizo F55s
                          SCSI hd's...

Comment

I've been playing CS 6.1 and now 6.5 for the past month, and I've had no problems. With the 6.5, sometimes the textures get corrupted, but that's rare, and I simply exit and restart the game to fix the problem.

Otherwise, CS has been running fine on my system. I play at 800x600, 32 bit colour with the the latest 5.xx drivers and TurboGL.

PIII-500
                            G400 Max
                            128 PC100 SDRAM
                            Maxtor 20Gb 7200 rpm HD
                            SoundBlaster Live Value

Comment

SinoSurfer: How about Opposing Force addon? Any texture corruptions there?

Comment

Working...
                              X