MURC Mountain States LAN Party II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MURC Mountain States LAN Party II

Hey Jord, you think customs will make me take apart my comp to check it? I mean, no way in HELL am I just shipping this shit. This is my carryon baby!

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

MURC Mountain States LAN Party II

We did one last summer...and we're doing one again this summer. Come to the Mile High City and frag yer fellow MURCers in person!

What: LAN PARTY!
    Where: Denver, Colorado
    When: June 10/11, 2000
    Why: why not?

Bring your own NIC equipped rig, including monitor, powerstrip, cables, and whatever else (headphones are preffered over speakers).

So far we have BBz from Tennessee, Wyoming, and New Mexico coming to town...If you are interested in joining the fun, let me know, and I'll get you the specifics...Sorry there isn't more notice, but these things always come together pretty quickly...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 16 May 2000).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I'm not sure of my calendar, but I'll try to be there.

I'm moving to Fort Collins on Saturday, so I'll be around!!!
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Cool! I'll try and be there How long is the drive from sunny California?

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Cool!! Maybe I'll be able to make it this year..

What's the game menu look like??

amish
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Last week I bought a 24-port 10Mbps hub for 10 dollar (Cabletron Hubstack SEHI-24), with management control.... if I would have bought some more, I could start my own lan party :-). But 10Mbps is too slow for me, so I am not using the thing right now...

Comment

I forgot to mention that I can bring a 24 port switch if you'd like. We can get some very fast ping times with that

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Wombat - Cool..another Coloradan It's a short trip for you compaired to where some of the others are coming from.

Amish - The game menu is whatever we have, and feel like playing. It usually ends up being Quake (2/3), HL/TFC, and whatever racing games we have. But there is no limit...we can do whatever games will work on the LAN.

Hele - Yea, bring your switch along...never hurts to be prepared (just in case).

It's looking like we might have a good turn out of MURCers this year. I've heard from several people who are checking into air fares and schedules...should be a good one
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Paul
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

So, do I need to OWN all those games??

The only one I actually own is HL. I do have NFS3, but that's about it on the racing.

amish
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Don't worry about it. We'll make sure you can play anything you want

Paul
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I'm gettin psyched guys!

Getting a great responce so far.

As of now we have MURCers coming to Denver from all over the country, and possibly even as far away as England plus the locals that'll be here....

I might have to find a bigger place to do this...

Maybe next year we'll have to put a till together, and rent out a hall somewhere

Comment

Kruzin,
                          I have two 12 port hubs (10Mbps)I can bring or send with Paul, if you think you will need them.

Oboy
                          Time to make the wafers!
                          Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                          jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Thanks, Oboy. That would be helpful. I was just talking to our host, and while he has a good server to run the network, he does not have access to the switches we used last year. Between yours and Daves, and what the host does have access to, we will be covered.

Paul - twist Oboy's arm a little harder. He should be there, and you guys could share the drive up...

Comment

don't worry, I'll bring the switch, cables, and whatever else I think we might need. It's gonna be a long ass 1200 mile drive <sigh>...

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X