Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualifications to be a [MU]er?

Hi [MU] Clan,

I play UT Assault exclusively (for now anyways). Haven't had enough time to play 10+ hours a week, learn the new AS maps and then try CTF or TDM. I play in Assault as wngnt and would like to campaign in Assault as wngnt[MU]. My daughter was just invited to join the [FU] clan so I thought I should probably pose the question here about the [MU]s. I play fairly well, get high score once in a while, never spawn kill, can hammer jump and launch. How about it [MU]ers?

------------------
    Laurie
    ======
    Asus P3B-F, PIII 550 @ 616, G400 MAX + RR-G
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know.

Laurie
    ======

well the MU clan is just a group of ppl who play on the MGI server, and others for fun, dont really have any organization involved, we just play...thats all

Frankfurt
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Comment

Hi Laurie-

I like assault too, but it seems there's never enough good matches going on. I don't play UT too much (I'm more of a TFC fan), but when I do I usually first check out the Matrox server. It's a great group of mature players, of all skill levels, just getting together for fun. Check it out, especially on the weekends. As Frankfurt points out, we're not an "organized" clan, but there are some great players with the ol' [MU] after their names. We've managed to hold our own pretty well against some good clans.

See you there.

John (AKA Dr._John[MU])

Comment

If you're not familiar with the CTF maps (that's what the MGI server is currently set at) just ask away. Most of the people there are more than happy to show some of the tricks and secrets to the levels. Sometimes we even stop to pose for a group photo

There's a recent post from Haig listing all the maps that are currently loaded on the server (I don't have the link handy, but browse back a couple weeks).
        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Welcome to the [MU] gang Laurie. Don't be afraid to join in, we're all still learning the new CTF maps and have fun getting lost while playing.

The key word here is "FUN"

Looks like you can show us a few new tricks.

See you on the Matrox Server.

Paul aka Darth_Mahl[MU]
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Here's the link for the server update.
            http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003665.html

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

You don't have to be good to play CTF with us on the MGI server, just as long as you have fun playing

I ended my last brawl on the server at -3 frags, even after 15 headhots given to Yokomo[1]

I just wonder if all those at the Denver LAN party will show up this weekend... taking Kruzin's connection to the max

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!! I have watched my daughter(Phoenix[FU]) play CTF a few times and there is certainly a difference in the game strategy from AS. I started playing on line with TDM but there seemed to be little real teamwork involved; that's why I ended up in AS. CTF matches seem to last long enough so that one can learn the maps as you play unlike AS where the standard ones sometimes last only 30-60 seconds. Each CTF team also seems to split into attackers and defenders. I saw the link to the new MGI maps a while ago, shouldn't be hard to find. As long as Phoenix isn't on my comp I'll see you this weekend. Oh heck, if she is, I'll send her to her sister's boyfriend's machine(non Matrox).

Laurie
                Laurie
                ======

Comment

Meaning what, Laurie?

Either your daughter has no life, except for playing UT online, or she has no boyffriend?

Jord.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi Jorden,

She's the really talented one in the family. Plays jazz piano and stand-up bass(for 11 yrs now). Her boyfriend(who is part Cree native Indian and doesn't live in Victoria hence they don't see each as often as they'd like to),is a 3rd or 4th degree black belt Ninja. Phoenix played for about 6 hours on Forge's CTF and AS servers last night and was just !voted! into the [FU] clan.
                    Damn, I'm the one who's got to get a life.

Laurie

Laurie
                    ======

Comment

Has anyone got the IP of this server then?(yes I am too lazy to try and find it:P)

I'm just getting into UT now that my old addiction (TFC) is lost forever and a server with a group of decent ppl on always makes for a better game

Comment

Forget I asked, Laurie

Black Belt Ninja , huh?? brrrrrrrr....

IP address MGI server: 204.50.135.80
                        password: murc

Jord.

------------------
                        "What goes up, must come down"
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Can somebody give me some idea of when your frag sessions take place. Whenever I look the server is empty. I did connect anyway for about an hour recently but fragging the bots just isn't the same.

One slight problem. I'm in the UK so I'm hoping you don't all play when I'm tucked up in bed.

Are your sessions organised or do you just show up anytime and hope people join in?

Comment

Ice-Pop,

Usually during the weekends, Friday and Saturday, hop on the server around 1 to 3am UK time. That's for usual games, against Matrox Tech Support for instance.

The planned games against another clan usually take place at 4am UK time, or 8pm PST (if I'm not mistaken).

We just live at the wrong side of the globe

Jord.
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

ah jord, dont worry, im sure no one holds that against you

Frankfurt

[This message has been edited by Frankfurt (edited 13 June 2000).]
                              Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
                              WinXP Professional SP1
                              Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
                              3COM 905C

Comment

Working...
                              X