MGI server question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGI server question

As I have been out of "the loop" for awhile, I was wondering who all these "extra" people are that we were playing with tonight. Different clans and stuff along with MU's who I've never seen.

Can someone explain please? Also, this new CTF thing is a bit weird feeling to me.

Thanks,
    Dimitri

To get our matrox stuff out of the way, whoever (sorry, was it you Mark? I forget) was having trouble with a slide show, did you get it fixed finally?

mods - I wasn't sure if this should be TSB or M. Gaming cause I've seen MGI related things in both places. Please more to correct forum if you think this is wrong....
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

And how about Q3A? No one has been playing any time I've connected to the MGI server. I've always gotten wild ping fluctuations on this one server as well. Does this Q3A server perform poorly for everyone and that's why its empty? I suppose the real reason is that most MURCers are hooked on UT.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

perhaps i can enlighten thee Dimitri,
      MTS is for Matrox tech support,
      MU is obvious
      BB is obvious
      And well, any of the others (wpioc.org, etc...) i unfortunately have now clue.

so i guess i wasnt really ANY help
      one more thing Haig now is Assimilator(MTS)

Frankfurt
      Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
      WinXP Professional SP1
      Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
      3COM 905C

Comment

Thanks Mark. At least I know who kicked my ass so hard (aside for Ace). It was HAIG! DAMN!!!! lol

Dimitri
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Not to be picky but it's Annihilator

I'm still trying to figure out how Cyber Tek jumps and runs while he crouches.

When I try that, it feels like I'm crawling

Haig

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 11 June 2000).]

Comment

I'm just short that's all Haig
            When I am crouching it does feel like it's moving very slow so I don't really know. Give me an example of when that happened and I'll try to do it again and see.
            ©¥ßê®têk

Comment

Hmmm,

maybe it's just the skin then. It happens everytime you jump sideways, your legs crouch up.

Haig

Comment

Yeah it must be the skin, just like when you see people jumping and spinning. I'd like to see the cow crouch down though that should be fun.
                ©¥ßê®têk

Comment

Do you have "dodging" turned on? I noticed when people dodge sideways they crunch into a ball (in the air) and even do a little twirl.
                  I have it turned off for me because I usually dodge myself into a pool of slime or lava
                  My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

So that's what it does lol. I turned it on to see what it does and I didn't see anything different but now I know. Am I the only one with that on? Beezer what happened to you? You don't play on the server anymore.
                    ©¥ßê®têk

Comment

wpioc.org is a group of fraggers who attend church together. Visit our page sometime at, obviously, wpioc.org!

Ben
                      aka Heman

Comment

Nope. You're not the only one CyberTek. I use it too. They show the extra flip and whatever from third person (or other players') viewpoint, but not from first person. So when we dodge, we just seem to jump farther, but to them, it looks like we're getting ready to breakdance or something. Hehe.

BTW- My UT just crashed again. GG's to all who were there tonight. (For those who didn't see my message in UT earlier, I just got a Celery 2 566 that's supposed to be stable at 850 [so sayeth the place I bought from], but mine isn't so stable at that speed. I just can't turn it down for playing, as it's only 20fps faster than my 450@558, and 30 faster than the unoverclocked 566.)

-Note- As far as being stuck with a bad processor, I'm not. The company's sending me another (supposedly more overclockable) to replace this one as soon as it's tested out of the current batch.
                        L8r all.

------------------
                        Ace

[This message has been edited by Ace (edited 13 June 2000).]
                        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                        Gainward Ti4600
                        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
                        X