You guys have to try MotoCross Madness 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys have to try MotoCross Madness 2

I know Diablo 2 is probably going to be taking up everyone's time in the coming weeks, but if you have a chance, download MCM2 demo at http://pc.ign.com/news/20336.html .

There are improvements on every aspect of the game. The sound is incredible and bike specific. 125's sound like 125's, 4 strokes sound like 4 strokes. The tracks have been dramatically improved to the point where there are different lines, just like the real thing.

Internet play is much more convenient, allowing the host to specify the class and having control of what size bike everyone can choose from to keep the race fair. In between races, you can switch bikes, or make graphic/sound/control changes. If you remove someone from an online race, it does so instantly (that always bugged me about MCM1). BTW, I'm not sure if the demo supports online play.

The levels on the baja type races are so much better than MCM1. Most of them have vehicles and buildings with lots of vegetation, making it more fun while offering more of a challenge. There's trains, heavy equipment, cars, trucks, barns, condos, you name it. There's even a level that features a snow covered ski resort with a winding mountain road (with traffic) that heads up to a chalet and ski jump. Tag on this level is a hoot.

Although the demo will only give you a taste of the game, check it out. I average around 40fps on National type tracks at 1024 res on my P3 787 and G400.

[This message has been edited by flenn (edited 08 June 2000).]

Hi there,
    I agree, the game is really fun...I maxed out all the settings @ 1024x768 or even 1280x1024, the performance is still top notch!...ppl who still hasn't got this game should get it...it IS worth it...

------------------
    Sanjuro Makabe

P!!!550E @ 803Mhz
    ASUS P3V4X 1004.02, 4in1 4.22, AGP 4.03
    128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
    Matrox G400Max PD5.55
    SBLive! LW3.0
    WinMe 4.90.2525

Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
    ASUS P4T-EA
    Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
    ATI 8500 Retail
    SB Audigy Plat. ex+
    WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

Who wants to host a game then? It's the best way to see if the multiplayer option works in the demo version.

Comment

It runs like a charm in win2k, btw...

Comment

Working...
        X