HL texture corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL texture corruption

I finially got HL (CS) working with OpenGL. But i have noticed that there sometimes somewhere are texture corruptions. These come in the form of :
    Whole textures, i.e. a side of a crate or the whole crate is corrupted.
    A red glow in textures only visuable if standing close to a texture, e.g. a wall.
    Also i suffer from the common "from game to menu to game" crash.
    --------------------------
    G400 MAX, PD5.52
    Athlon 500 and ASUS K7M mobo
    -+-+-+-+-+-
    El Mariachi
    +-+-+-+-+-+

Does noone even know the problem?
    -+-+-+-+-+-
    El Mariachi
    +-+-+-+-+-+

Comment

I get the "game-menu-game" crash; for me, it's always ddhelp.dll that crashes, then win95 crashes to a reboot.

I've noticed that I can sometimes see through a wall if I'm far enough away.

Also, textures rapidly loose detail as distance increases. A wall texture will be highly detailed on one section, then the ajoining section is blurry.

Comment

I had the game to menu crash, setting the desktop colour depth to 16 bit solved it for me

------------------
        P3 500@600Mhz, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,128Mb 100SDram,BT ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Huappuage WinTV,Pioneer 6xDVDslot,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.
        P3 700Mhz cB0 stepping, G400MAX,Abit BE6-2 RV Bios,Quantum KX 7200 13Gig,256Mb 100SDram,Asuscom ISDN,SCSI 100Mb zip int,SB Live Value,Tosh 6702, HP 9110i.

Comment

This seems to me to be familiar. Me thinks one seeking this knowledge should search the forums. I have heard of this before.

**Ahh Good my password still works.**

Comment

Working...
          X