Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS-Porsche or High Stakes??

Hello everyone
    I am planning to buy a racing game and I have two options. I can either buy NFS-PU or NFS-HS. Since I’ve played only their demos, the only thing I know is that NFS-PU has much better graphics. But which one is more fun to play? Does NFS-PU have all those police car chases and all, and does it get boring having only Porsches around? Basically I want to give equal importance to both visuals and playability.
    Thanks and looking forward to your suggestions,
    Ovi

You don't get hot pursuit mode in NFS:PU, that means you can never be a cop and chase and build roadblocks and lay spike strips... only sometimes you may race and be chased by police, but not often.

On the other hand, in NFS:PU the cars handle better, the game runs faster and looks really great. I'd probably choose NFS:PU, but I have played both games and both are very good.
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Hi ppl,
      Get Porsche Unleashed...you won't regret it...the game IS that good and that fun...the factory driver mode allows you to test out Porsches and lets you do 180, 360, slaloms, etc... game is very replayable and beautiful...GET IT!
      Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
      ASUS P4T-EA
      Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
      ATI 8500 Retail
      SB Audigy Plat. ex+
      WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

Hi!
        NFS-PU's winning so far.Keep the votes rolling!
        Ovi

Comment

NFS-PU I have played them all and in my opinion looks best handles best and is most replayable. Only disadvantage is it will cost you more.

Comment

Get Bleem and Gran Turismo. Much funner, looks just as good.

Comment

Hi Jon
              I don't think I know about the games you mentioned. Could you please give some more info?
              Thanks
              Ovi

Comment

Bleem is software that allows you to play Playstation games on PC.
                Grandturismo is a racing game that allows you to modify the cars on engine, suspention, tires, turbos, etc... Also it has about 200 cars in it. Grandturismo 2 has more cars & tracks, but some people have problems getting it to work in Bleem. I found it works in Bleem V1.4, which is an older version which you can get off the inet. Bleem is available at your local computer store.
                1 good thing about Bleem is you can rent a game that you are interested in and see the graphics & playablity, but Bleem doesn't work on all Playstaion games.

Comment

So that's Bleem!!
                  Thanks Troy! But playstation games are extremely hard to find in India.So the choices still remain NFS PU/HS. Based on these posts,I think I'll get NFS-PU
                  Cheers
                  Ovi

[This message has been edited by Ovi (edited 05 June 2000).]

Comment

Get NFS-PU for all the above reasons, and wait for NFS:HS to drop to the socalled Price Busters category.

Or show up in a combo with other games.

Check on Crucial Entertainment regularly for their updates. (you have to register here !!)

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                    X