Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry people, this is a newbie thing of me to do, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry people, this is a newbie thing of me to do, but....

Thanks guys. It worked! My FPS just jumped from 35 abouts to 65 - 80 (well, 100 + if I'm staring at a wall)....

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Sorry people, this is a newbie thing of me to do, but....

I'm on a v.90 right now and have no time. I need to study.

Which brings me to my question.... How do you disable vsynch for UT? I know, I know, it's been mentioned before, but don't forget, I need to study. Right, that's why I'm asking about games.... Uh huh. Really. Honest. I won't do this again guys. Thanks,

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Edit your unrealtournament.ini file and look for:

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]

and then look for...

UseVSync=False

It may be set to true, but probably false already.

Dave

------------------
      I can never think of a good signature...~

Join the MURC SETI team @
      http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=25678
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

btw-I know it's tough having to study and then play several hours of UT. I wouldn't want to be bothered with searching for vsync either Make some other poor sap do it for you, like me I don't mind though, I was sitting here doing nothing anyway.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Much appreciated Dave.

Glad I could help you with your boredom...

Thank you.

Dimitri
          --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi there,

Also, you might wanna get the matrox G400 tweak file that allows you to manually disable the Vsync frmo the video properties...by disabling this setting it allowed me to get crazy FPS in UT...I find that just disabling the Vsync in UT isn't good enough...hope this helps...

------------------
            Sanjuro Makabe

P!!!550E @ 733Mhz
            ASUS P3V4X 1004.02, 4in1 4.20, AGP 4.02
            128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
            Matrox G400Max PD5.30
            SBLive! LW3.0
            WinMe 4.90.2525

Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
            ASUS P4T-EA
            Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
            ATI 8500 Retail
            SB Audigy Plat. ex+
            WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

Up

Date problem with the forum again.

Comment

Muad'Dib,

What are your sys specs?

Dave

Comment

Dimi, looking at a wall I get ~300fps
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

MSI K7 PRO (110 clk gen) using 1.4 bios
                    Athlon 700 @ 850 (I hit 902 stable earlier, but I need better cooling I think)
                    128 megs generic pc100 crappy ram
                    G400 MAX pdesk 5.52 (right numbers?) @ stock speed
                    a couple hard drives, cd's, and fans....

Why do you ask Dave?

Dimitri

Why are my fps so "low" then Mike? Any more suggestions? I don't particularly care about getting more, but it'd be nice bragging rights...

I also forgot to mention it was a complicated wall.... j/k

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 01 June 2000).]
                    --- Albert Einstein

Comment

I thought that rig got ruined?
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                      X