OpenGL in UT. Even supposed to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL in UT. Even supposed to work?

I've tried my G400 16MB card with unreal tournament and turboGL and I get totally corrupted textures. I've upgrade both UT and drivers to the newest ones and the texture problem seemed to be solved but there seems to be big trouble withe Open/turboGL anyway, big jerking y'see. It runs smoth, then jerks, smoth, then jerks and so on. Is there a way around this or is it a common fact that everbody knows UT and TGL not working? (It seemd to runn at a higher framerate, except for the jerking and also the visual quality seemed much better.)

Also I tried to change my AGP "aperture" (is that it? I cant remember the word excactly)size to 256MB, but my crappy Compaq bios doesn't seem to have that option. (The BIOS is the setup program ypu get while holding F10 during boot, isn't it? You know, I'm not that into hardware and stuff.

By the way: P3 500, 128MB.
    Sure sure, ((SjurSjur)), he's a nice fella'!

The OGL implimentation in UT sucks. It is not a driver problem. Use D3D and be happy.

Joel

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Yup.
      When you select OpenGL in UT, it tells you flat out that the game's OGL implimentation is "experimental". Use D3D and all will be fine...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X