Starlancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlancer

Hello all, Just reg'd but i've been visiting this board since the days when I had a Millenium II.

I'm having a problem with the look of the textures on the exterior of the fighter I'm piloting in the game. When the ship's outer skin is shown it's way too dark with little or no color or surface texture in D3D (looks worse than 16bit). Everything else seems to look fine in the game? Any body else seeing this? I am using 5.30 drivers because of the Quake 3 issues with latest drivers.
    Desktop is set to 32bit with Z-buffer on.

Cheers

System:
    PIII 800E@908MHZ
    Soyo 6BA+IV w/Intel Chipset
    G400 MAX no OC (Yahhh Baby)
    Voodoo 2 SLI
    SB Live Platinum
    2x20 GIG IBM Deskstar HD's
    Sony 400F 19"
    3com NIC
    crappy 56K US Robotics Winmodem

No problem with Starlancer, besides the fact that I don't have an option for 32bit color in the game......

Btw, what did you mean "Quake3 issues"? I play Quake3 fine......

----------------------------
    Powerdesk 5.52 w/Win98 FE
    G400 Mini-Max w/19" KDS & 25" Admiral Tv (Dualhead)
    Athlon 700
    Gigabyte 7IXE (Irongate w/Superbypass)
    2x128 PC133 (Generic?)
    Sound Blaster Live! Platinum w/Altec Lansing ATP3
    Realtek 8139 10/100 Ethernet
    20.1 IBM 7200/66 and 10.1 IBM 7200/33
    A-Open 1040 Pro Dvd-Rom
    Sony 8x4x32 Cd-rw

Comment

Thanks Vanguardian1, I'll try the 5.52 drivers again but last time I used them the main menu in Quake 3 was all messed up and when I moved the mouse cursor it drew the red retical all over the place.

Also marks left on walls and floors after explosions don't get rendered properly with a kind of flickering effect.....weird.

A friend who has a plain G400 also has the same problems with his PIII 550 and the 5.52 drivers. All works perfect in Quake 3 with the 5.30 ICD drivers....go figure? (can't use Turbo because of my Voodoo's)

So far the ship rendering thing in Starlancer this is the only problem I've come accross with the 5.30 drivers and I have many other games working perfectly.

Dave

Comment

Well I installed the 5.52 drivers and the fighter ship is rendered properly now so my guess is the 5.30 drivers are not suitable for Starlancer.

Much to my disapiontment though, I'm back to experiencing the same problems I indicated above with the corrupted menus etc. in Quake 3....(sigh)

Guess I'll just have to pray to the Driver Gods that this will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for the help Vanguardian1.

Dave

Comment

Sorry to hear that you're having those problems Frag Me. Before I reformatted my hdd and reinstalled Win98SE and the 5.52 drivers, I had the same problems with the reticle in the Q3 menus. I don't get that problem any longer, but I still get the problems with explosions / marks on the walls with the game.

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Ace....If you go ito the game options and turn off "marks on walls" it will solve this problem and give you a couple extra FPS.

However I agree, it would be nice if the drivers rendered marks/explosions properly to begin with.

I will be installing a new HD pretty soon which means a fresh install....maybe this will do the trick for the menus.

Thanks for your comments Ace, if other people are having these problems too hopefully they have been reported to Matrox and will get fixed somewhere along the line.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X