Why the hell Tribes doent work with Mill` G400 ? =/\

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hell Tribes doent work with Mill` G400 ? =/\

Why the hell TRIBES game doesnt work with Matrox MILL` G400 ?
    It doesnt recognize it..
    But UnReal or FIFA2K works PERFECT..
    ****in` help me =[

It does work if set up right. If you want help with it, you need to give more info. System config, OS, IRQ listing, game version, etc. Just saying "Why the hell doesn't it work, fix it for me" isn't gonna do it.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin's right, it does work..but you have to jump through some hoops.
      I'm going to assume that you don't have any hardware issues and that the card works with other games.
      When you start tribes and select a full screen openGL, and hit apply...you get a crash to desktop?
      If that's the case...try starting tribes..selecting windowed software mode..and then shut down Tribes. Start it up again (you should be in windowed mode) and select openGL and the res you want for your full screen driver. Hit apply and then shutdown Tribes again. Start it up once again...then switch to full screen. If all goes well, you should be able to start a full screen openGL game now.
      There are some really bizarre texture things happening when I play though....the ground looks as though it is liquid...pretty trippy.

DS

/edit
      BTW, I'm running the demo version of Tribes. I found too many kick happy twits in the retail version.
      Yeah, I know I suck at the game...but how am I gonna learn if I get kicked 30 secs after joining a game....

[This message has been edited by DarkSyd (edited 25 May 2000).]
      Games Box
      --------------
      Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
      ------
      Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
      -------------
      Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

I think it only works with the TurboGL or does the standard Opengl drivers by now?
        -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

Sorry, I kinda disappeared for the weekend...

I'm not using TurboGL...but as I said previously, there is some pretty strange texture stuff going on with the standard drivers.
          Games Box
          --------------
          Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
          ------
          Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
          -------------
          Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Working...
          X