Diablo 2 problems in d3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 2 problems in d3d

Is anyone else playing diablo 2(beta or stress) that has had problems with d3d mode?
    I can get direct draw mode to work fine, and all my other d3d games run fine but diablo 2 flips out, displays a rainbow pattern, and then crashes whenever I try to use d3d mode. I can get it working on my other machine, which has a v2000 pci, but not on my main machine(i doubt it's anything more than diablo2's bugs, but...):

pentium 3 450
    abit bh6
    256mb ram
    matrox g400max(pdesk5.55)
    rainbow runner-g
    sb live platinum
    none of the irqs are a problem....
    I want d3d damnit!

If you mail me your access code I will be happy to test it on my system. We could arrange that I run a test in a certain timeframe (so as not to risk being banned for being logged on at the same time and violate single user policy) and then mail you the result.

It could be a serious driver issue that would be nice to have resolved BEFORE the game is released in July.

But of course I would like to run the Stress test if one for a very short time. I would be lying if I was to say othervise. :-).

Then off course you would have to trust me not to try and use your code after that time. But there should be some amount of trust between MURC'ers. If I violated this trust you would be in your right to tell everone here, and I would not be able to show my face here again. Seeing as I have been a MURC'er for a long time and enjoy reading and posting messages here, I would be a fool to try a stunt like that..

Regards,

Jake
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

I have a G400, a Voodoo2 12 megs, Athlon 750, Asus K7V...

And I am part of the ST for D2

I tried DirectDraw (bad), D3D and Glide. Glide is the best that is why I use it (for now, the final version will support 32bit, so I will probably switch to D3D with my G400).

But D3D worked fine. It is the first time that I hear about a problem in D3D with a non-nVidia card. I use the 5.41 driver if this can help...

Comment

Working...
      X