• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what Oboy did for us...[MU] Homepage

Check out what Oboy put together for us [MU]ers. Or is that [MU]MOOOOOERS

http://www.mindspring.com/~wmhallib/

Thanks Oboy!!! That's really GREAT!!

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Excellant work Oboy!
    My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Nice job Oboy! I've got an idea for an addition to the page. This may or may not be feasable, but a member list would be cool. The difficulty is obviously that even we aren't quite sure who all are "members".

Ian
      Dakkon[MU]
      Primary System:
      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
      Seccondary System:
      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
      Tertiary system
      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Yes. Outstanding job Oboy. I think a member list would be nice as well, but that would require some level of organization on our part

Garrett
        G-HoeSoPhat[MU]
        RBryant

Tyan 1952DLU Thunder X
        2 PIII Xeon 500Mhz (512k)
        1 512MB ECC PC100 DIMM
        Adaptec AAA-133U2
        3 18 GB U2W Cheetahs
        Jaz 1GB
        UltraPlex40Xmax CDROM
        PlexWriter 8/20 CD-R
        Pioneer 6X DVDROM
        G400 Max
        Rainbow Runner-G
        Obisidan X-24
        ViewSonic P815
        SBLive!
        Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
        3COM 3C905B-TX
        Addtronics 7896 w/12 Fans
        Mitsumi Wireless RF Kbd
        Logitec Opt. Wheel Mouse
        1.5M/256k ADSL
        Trusty Ol' Floppy

Comment

I heard a nasty rumor that some of those screenshots where not taken on a G400!

But other wise I like it. I do find it a bit slow to load. Perhaps the menu graphics could be a little simpler or smaller?

And a member list would be cool, along with what games we play, and what servers we frequent (not all of us play UT )

Hope you plan to get plenty of screenshots to post from the LAN party!
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Cool web site.

One small misspelling I found. In the links section, under Matrox, There should be Their.

I missed the match tonite but will try to make the next one.

Andy aka Fenster
            PIII 550@605
            IWill Motherboard VD133
            VIA Chipset
            512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
            G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
            DirectX 8.0a
            SB Live! Value
            8x DVD (Toshiba)
            6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
            Intel Pro/100+ NIC
            3Com CMX Cable Modem
            Optiquest V95 19"
            HP 812C Color Ink Jet
            Microtek flatbed scanner
            Intellimouse Explorer
            Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
            AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

Oboy, congrats on the page. If you need server space let me know and I'll get you set up on the MURC server.

Comment

That's really nice of you Ant!!! Oboy was really busy at work today and got pretty excited by the offer. He wants to fix a few more things but will be in touch with you soon.

Thanks again Ant,

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Way to go, Oboy!! Not much more to say, as the fact that you set up a site for us says pretty much everything just by itself, dude.

Thanks a million.

------------------
                  Ace

[This message has been edited by Ace (edited 24 May 2000).]
                  "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                  Gainward Ti4600
                  AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Ant,
                    WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Ill get with you, and go over how you would like to do this.
                    Sorry I did not reply sooner, my new job as got me going like a house on fire!

Kruzin,
                    Well what can I say???????? I have tried to get my G200 to become a G400, but all
                    attempts have failed with utter disappointment! I went so far as to borrowed a friends G200 and I put them in a dark place hoping they would have little G400's, but that didn't work, so then I thought how do you make things grow?? So I started watering my G200, even added Miracle Grow, no luck! Owell someday Ill be a proud owner of a G400!!

Thanks to all for your ideas and photos you have sent!!

forgot
                    Ace, ALBPM,
                    Thanks for your help Sunday when I put it together!!!

Oboy

[This message has been edited by Oboy (edited 24 May 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Oboy (edited 24 May 2000).]
                    Time to make the wafers!
                    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Nice site. I haven't been playing with you guys since TFC gave me a bad case of carpal tunnel syndrome last year, but when I do play I still play as Blanco[MU].

I have been playing a bit of UT lately, so maybe I can get in on some games with you guys again. For some reason, I get insane frame rates 60-80s sometimes(and no shadows) with my old Marvel G200.

Actually, I have also been running a small cable server with a strangely addictive Deck16 Redeemer Arena. Check it out at 24.30.106.222

Cheers,

Blanco[MU]
                      cjyo~
                      Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

NP, Oboy. It was my pleasure. Playing with you guys is the highlight of my days, and the server you set up shows why. This is really one great group of folks, and even though we all came here because of the common interest in all things Matrox, this site isn't full of a bunch of zealots like most other places (nVidia and 3dfx newsgroups).

------------------
                        Ace
                        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                        Gainward Ti4600
                        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Hey, do any of you [MU] guys play CS? Unfortunately, I don't have UT, so I guess I can't join you guys

Comment

Keep your eye out for a members thread.(next week) Were going to find who plays what.
                            Oboy
                            Time to make the wafers!
                            Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                            jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
                            X