Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.53 rulez

ALBPM:

While I agree, in priciple, about what you've posted, in real life, I don't think you'll need to worry about things like voiding a warranty. At least in this case.

Let's say that somehow (very unlikely) the unofficial drivers kill your G400. How is anyone going to know that's what killed it, unless you tell them?

Let's say it wipes out your BIOS. If you did your homework, you should already have a) a BIOS recovery disk, or b) the Matrox BIOS recovery utility. Either of those should work. If it doesn't, refer to the step above.

However, I also advise caution, because botched drivers can make your life temporarily miserable, and you can't call Matrox for help.

Bill

------------------
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

[This message has been edited by billko (edited 03 January 1997).]
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

5.53 rulez

I have tried out the mixed drivers and can say they worked for me nearly perfect. the little problems which i had with the 5.52 driver set have been blown to dust.

i think this drivers are perfect for everyone using a bx chipset. i wait for new matrox drivers, but i am happy with these ones.

Comment

yes they work nicely

Comment

does anyone know this cool site where the g400 were tested against tnt2+gefrog, with 5.52 driver ? the g400 was looking real good there, better than the tnt2 ultra. i wanted to post the result on a nvidia forum...

harg

cu, stefan

Comment

Where did you get these 5.53 drivers?????

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

They are un-official hacked Gigabyte MG-400 drivers that PKY modified to load on regular G400s.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hmm will that driver work for the G400 Max? If yes where can i get a hold of it?

------------------
              Got-Rice? G400 Max
              Got-Rice?
              P3-600E o/c 852
              G400 Max
              256 PC133
              2x30gig Maxtor 7200rpm

Comment

Hey guys these are not official and supported Matrox drivers. If you use these and damage your G400's your screwed because you've violated your warranty.

Don't use anything unless it's from Matrox. Drivers can do strange things like wipe out your cards BIOS and then you'd be SOL for using non Matrox drivers.

Be careful guys don't take chances for a few FPS it's not really worth it.

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Question.. Doesn't that go for using any beta matrox drivers?

------------------
                  Got-Rice? G400 Max
                  Got-Rice?
                  P3-600E o/c 852
                  G400 Max
                  256 PC133
                  2x30gig Maxtor 7200rpm

Comment

No because they are Matrox drivers. They are official but not final. Just don't use third party drivers.

Paul

Comment

up
                      ][|_||\|ยง0\/\/

Comment

ALBPM, this is what happen when a company does not make all the effort necessary to keep their install base happy.

It's a simple fact off life that people will take matter into their own hands if they feel that they are left alone.

Did anybody tried the new driverpack with GPL?

------------------
                        Celery 366 OCed @ 446(81), Soyo 6BA+III, 64MB SDRAM, Millennium G400 DualHead (486 cpu fan), SB Live! Value, FBall KA 13.1Gig (7200rpm), Mitsumi CR-4804TE CD-RW, Intel based 21140 10/100 NIC, Nortel Networks HSA1300 1-meg ADSL modem and also a ModemBlaster DI5630... enough!

--
                        Gilles Lalonde
                        SysAdmin (.RPM)
                        Linkedin

Comment

Actually I just found out that some ppls did think I made a joke concerning the drivers because the forum said posted 03 January 1997 00:51 hehehe funny thing!

Concerning this thread, yes it's true that you can not be 100% sure that these drivers do not harm your system but I tried them and they work good for me actually better than the 5.52.015 drivers (slightly). Because I do not own every system available to date, I can not say that this driverpack works on every system nor can I say yes it's faster on every system but if you'd like to try the new driverpack, please let me know via mail. I do not want to make it look like I do want a high visitor count by posting my URL all over so mailing is the only possibility left to get the URL unless anyone else posts the link here! =)

One thing to end with. I've been informed (AND I POSTED THIS ON MY SITE) that some ppls are experiencing problems with this driverpack in combination with Matrox' TurboGL drivers. I did not encounter the problem described but if you do there are two solutions to cure the problem. Make sure the AGP aperture size is 256MB if the problem still exists, either don't use the TurboGL drivers but the ICD (this can be problematic currently because the ICD seems to have some small problems with some apps i.e. Half-Life Multiplayer) or install the 5.52.015 driverpack again or Matrox' 5.52.015 drivers.

Let's hope Matrox releases some new drivers soon, if I do not have the news on my site as soon as they're out please let me know so that I can release a new driverpack ASAP! =)

We're happy if things work but the better they do the happier we are!

regards
                          PKY

Comment

what are your problems with this driver ? it works really good for me. i dont think you can shot your bios. if this occurs, you should have your disk ready. if not, you should have a second pc. i have only problems with hl multiplayer, and that is the same problem with the 5.52. there is no game i tested which does not work.

startrek armada is fine, ut perfect, q3 fast and nice.
                            i have no need for the turbogl, the one who comes with the 5.53 is good enough.

Comment

Spawn666,

in this case I'm glad you like my driverpack and I'm really glad you did not have any problems just like myself!

I just wanted to let people know that they CAN run into troubles using my driverpack as on SOME systems there SEEM to be problems with the 5.53.017 driver and Matrox' latest TurboGL drivers! Nothing to care about if you do not use the TurboGL drivers!

regards
                              PKY

Comment

Working...
                              X