Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rally Masters - runs only in 16 bit

Hi,

I canĀ“t run rally masters in truecolor, but in highcolor it runs fine. Has anyone been able to run it at 32 bits ?

Thanks,

Ricardo

------------------
    P3-500, Shuttle HOT-661/P, 512Meg HSDRAM,WD Expert 18GB, Segate Medalist 6GB, AOpen 40X CDROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, G400 MAX, SB Live Value, 3Com 10/100 (3C905B-TX) , Sony F400 19"

P3-500, Shuttle HOT-661/P, 512Meg HSDRAM,WD Expert 18GB, Segate Medalist 6GB, AOpen 40X CDROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, G400 MAX, SB Live Value, 3Com 10/100 (3C905B-TX) , Sony F400 19"

Same problem here, I hope they fix it in a driver update or a Rallymasters patch, 'coz I sure want some 32bit lovin' in this awesome rally game.
    -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

I have no problems with running it in 32 bit background + 32 bit textures. I had some problems with running 32 bit in the demo though so make sure it is completely uninstalled first (assuming it was ever installed). The problem with the demo was that in the resolution dropdown box it showed three entries for each resolution. One high color (16 bit) and two true color (24 and 32 bit). It somehow always choose the 24 bit option no matter which of the true color options you choose. But this bug was removed in the final game.

The game runs smooth in 1024x768 on my G400 Max and Celeron 450MHz in 32 bit. It is the best rally game I have played so far.

Skyflyer

Comment

Hello,

Moleman and Skyflyer thanks for the reply. I still can't run it in 32 bits, but it seems that it's not a G400 problem, in the High Gear rally masters forum there are people complaining about the same, and they have TNT2 and Geforce cards.

Well even at 16 bits the graphics are very good! But rally championship graphics are better (the in car view when is raining is amazing).

Ricardo

[This message has been edited by Ricardo (edited 24 May 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ricardo (edited 24 May 2000).]

Comment

Well I kinda tried everything now, Set background to 32bit, changed to dualhead, used all sort of different tweak settings and still no go in 32bit. In the resolution selection in rallymasters the 24bit color modes are removed like Skyflyer posted earlier, so is there a difference between the Vanilla & the Max drivers? One thing I can blame it on is that I uninstalled the Demo after I installed the full game, I'm gonna try it on a different partition now and in win2k to see what that gives, and if that doesn't work I'm gonna start experimenting with differen drivers. btw what drivers are you using Skyflyer?
          -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

Working...
          X