millennium 220 and Rainbow runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millennium 220 and Rainbow runner

Hi there, I hope somone can help me. I've recently bought a Millennium 220 4MB card and it's great, I'd really like a Rainbow Runner to go with it but can't get an answer from anyone as to whether such a device exists. Was a Rainbow Runner ever made for the Millennium 220 and if so what is it's code No/ model No or any other identifying details. I hope someone can help as I'm getting really frustrated by the lack of responsde from Matrox, PC World, Staples, Comet, Currys, Dixons et al!

Yes, the Rainbow Runner Studio (RR-S) was made to team up with the Millennium 2 or Mystique (170 or 220).

There are different versions for Mystique and Millennium, so make sure that you get the right version. I thought that they were out of production now, but Matrox still lists them at its online store priced $99
    http://shop.matrox.com/usa/products/...mary.asp?Dep=1

Comment

Yes I know the RR-S fits the Mystique 220 and Millennium II. I however have a Millennium 220 and the RR-S does not fit as far as I can discover. The Matrox shopping site you mentioned has the RR-S for the Mystique and Millennium II but nothing listed to match with this card. I repeat the question: does anyone know if a RR card was ever made for the Millennium 220? I have E-mailed Matrox and they simply don't reply. Comet are, in their salesman's words, "not big enough to deal with Matrox" PC World don't deal with them although they have, according to adverts, given them an award for their products. Surely someone knows if this card exists!

Comment

I've never heard of a Millennium 220.

As far as I am aware (and I'll check this with Haig), the options available were the original Millennium and the Millennium 2, and the Mystique (which had a 170 ramdac) and the Mystique220 (which had a 220 ramdac).

I'll also check the ramdac speeds of the Mills since I can't remember them offhand.

Comment

I'd just like to echo Chris's comments and say that I've also never heard of any Matrox card called the Millennium 220 either.

If the part number on this card is MGA-MIL/4C, this is actually the original Millennium and 220 may simply be the MHz of the RAMDAC on this card.

There is unfortunately NOT a Rainbow Runner made for the original Millennium card. There was something else made to work with it called the MEDIA XL-MPEG, but it's a different animal than the Rainbow Runner.

Comment

OK thanks a lot for the info. Yes it is a Millennium, I was told it was a 220 by the vendor and the RAMDAC is 220MHZ. It's a shame about the RR, My father has one on a Mystique 220 and it performs really well. Ah well, I guess I'll have to persevere with my old Reveal VE 500 a bit longer while I save up for a proper RR setup. Thanks again, Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X