Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo GL supports CeleronII?

Hi there,

I recently replaced my C300A@450 with a C533A overclocked to 800MHZ. Now Q3 play much faster than before. However I noticed that
    TurboGL no longer works. It installs well, but I don't get any performance boost. With
    640X480 all settings the lowest, I got 80/79.7 fps for demo1 and demo2 without TGL. With TGL, I got somewhat close but slightly lower fps. Is this normal? I was hoping since
    the new Celeron supports SSE, I should get
    90+fps for the setting I use.

I have a G400 Vanilla, 16M SH. Soyo 6BA+III MB, 256M(CAS3).

Thanks.

Chang Lin

Read the readme that comes with turboGL...
    Several mainboards are not supported &
    maybe urs is one of those...
    however, the improvements of TGL are 30% perv. increase, very nice!

...I´ve a K7 650 Mhz & I´m totally surprised
    ´bout ur hardcore overclocked CPU, what
    have u managed to get it so high overclocked?
    ...650 are enough but some more could be nice

zapruder

Comment

Zapruder - You cannot compare the TGL for P3 with the one for K7 or P2. They are 3 separate TGLs, and each perfoms slightly differently.

clin - Did you fully uninstall TGL (not just uncheck the games from the TGL manager game list), then re-install it? If not, you are still using the P2/Celeron TGL. Re-install, and it should put the P3 TGL on your system. You still might not see as much of a difference as you did with the P2 TGL vs ICD. The ICD now incorperates many of the P3 TGL optimisations, and performs nearly as well, and even better than TGL in some cases...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Another question. What is your monitors refresh rate set at and do you have vsync disabled?

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thanks Kruzin and Joel.

I tried to reinstall TGL from scratch and now
          I got 85fps for both demos, not much a big
          performance boost, but not so bad either.

I just got Joel's suggestion, but I am not ble to try it as I am now running Linux. As a matter of fact, my monitor is refreshing at 80hz. I am not sure if vsync is disabled, I guess the default config in Q3A is to enable vsync. I will try it out next time I boot
          into windoze.

Comment

Working...
          X