Windows ME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows ME?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how Windows Millenium seem to be working? Especially under an AMD K6-2 S7 system.. I understand the latest beta is now RC0?

- Avron -

Windows ME used to be cool, when it was just Win98 with some Win2k DLL's thrown in for stability.

Now it's a festering, bug-ridden piece of crap. It's all "webbified", and bloated, and difficult to use.

All in the name of being "easier" for "home users".

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Hi yall,
      Sorry to hear that WinMe works bad for you...I am having so much fun with it...of course...after spending a whole day to find out bugs and problems...I finally fixed it...oh one problem I found was that Matrox G400 DVD player conflicts with the Control Panel...yea...the Control panel freezes every time I ran it...but after uninstalling everything works like a dream...sorry to hear it didn't work for you...but this RC of WinMe doesn't feel like a beta at all to me...

I hope by the final release, they'll put the Win2k features such as fade in menus, semi-translucency menus, etc...

P!!!550E @ 733Mhz
      ASUS P3V4X 1004.02, 4in1 4.20, AGP 4.02
      128Mb PC100 C2 Ram
      Matrox G400Max PD5.52
      SBLive!
      Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
      ASUS P4T-EA
      Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
      ATI 8500 Retail
      SB Audigy Plat. ex+
      WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

Ack,
        It's 'Baby Windows' get a real OS like 2k
        The early beta's I got my grubby little mits on seemed to work as well as any OS based on DOS code.
        Still crashes though
        It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
        Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I really wanted to run w2k, and I tried, several times. But on an AMD K6-2 Super7 system it really won't run well at all, just after installing it I hit the windows update button and it crashed when it tried to start internet explorer, blue screens all over whenever I tried to do anything and it was just IMPOSSIBLE to run a game. This was with the final release and the latest G400 driver, the one that is out now.

- Avron -

Comment

Working...
          X