Q3 Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3 Problems...

I installed Q3 under duress.... (the guys wanted to DM at our last LAN party) So I installed and patched and when I tried to run it, all I got after the Id logo screen was a blank or white screen.

Can someone tell me what's going on?

I have the latest 5.52 drivers and TuboGL installed.

system:

Athlon 700
    Abit KA7
    G400 SH 32mb
    Aureal SQ2500 sound
    E-Tech winmodem
    Realtek NIC

thanks

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

up
    ][|_||\|ยง0\/\/

Comment

Please????

amish

Comment

uninstall tgl and try again with rez @ 800 x 600 16bit
        jim
        PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
        128mb pc-100 cas 2
        Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
        Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
        SB Live!
        Winblows 98se & DX7
        and 384k DSL!

Comment

That is a tough one.

What type of power supply do you have?

Do your other 3D games work?

Delete Quake 3 totally and reinstall

Reinstall your vid drivers, *the right way*. Set your display back to "Standard VGA" and then reboot. When the system comes back up into Standard VGA, make sure that all of the Matrox drivers and f*.infs are gone. Then install the Matrox drivers.

Reinstall the TurboGL.

I would say reinstall windows, but that is only a drastic measure.

I hope something works.

jImbEam

Comment

Manually extract the appropriate TGL driver from the TGL install file.

I don't know if the problem exists with TGL 1.3, but it did with the original TGL. It wouldn't install the correct one on my Athlon - kept installing the PIII one. Problem is, they're the same size. I manually extracted the correct file, and things worked after that.

Just my $0.02
            The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
            The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
            The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

....and check the bios version and the agp driver ! sometimes it helps a lot

Comment

Well IF you want to use the TurboGL drivers, make sure your AGP Aperture Size is set to 256MB!

For me the ICD is faster though (K7 too) so in case you want to use the ICD, uninstall the TurboGL drivers for Quake3!

should work now if you're using 5.52.015 or 5.53.017 drivers! Earlier drivers should function too but I really like those last two! =)

regards
                PKY

Comment

I believe you have to run Q3 one time and enter your CD-key before you patch (add the pointreleses to) the game.

Comment

Ok, I completely removed the Matrox drivers according to the FAQ at Matrox. I reinstalled the VIA Chipset drivers off the Abit CDRom. I reinstalled the 5.52 drivers, and ran the GLSetup. I didn't reinstall the TGL or Q3. Still no go. I'll reinstall the game again and see what I get.

Anymore suggestions???

All I get is a flickering white screen and the sound skipping.

amish

Comment

Working...
                    X