Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half-Life + Win2K + G400Max = Low framerate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life + Win2K + G400Max = Low framerate?

In half-life(counter strike) I generally get around 25fps(in combat) while playing under windows 2000. [The framerates are generally the same for me in OpenGL and Direct32] The resolutions seems to have very little effect on the frame rate as well. I have tried going from 640x480-1024x768 with at most a 10-20% change in framerates. I am using the newest drivers available at the moment[5.06] and have also tried tweaking any available settings avaible in half-life.

Is this simply the way it is with the current win2k drivers? Or is it perhaps their incompatability with an SMP system? Or do some people get markedly better framerates with their g400 under Windows 2000.

Is it possible that re-installing win2k without ACPI support would improve things?

Any help is appreciated.

System:
    Abit BP6/2xCeleron@550
    196MB

Your framerates do seem very low, I find Half-Life very playable under Win 2K (don't know the exact framerates, but everything is pretty smooth) I don't have SMP so I can't comment on whether this is the problem, although from what I've read in the forum over the past few months there are several major issues with win 2k and SMP. I wouldn't have thought that ACPI would make much of a difference, since it's mainly concerned with IRQ sharing and power saving. Maybe you should check your chipset agp drivers i.e via etc. other than that you might check to see if your mb has a new bios release. Also see how the machine performs with one processor installed this might at least give you an indication as to whether SMP is the cause of your problem.
    What do you want a signature for?

Comment

If you´re running half-life under win2k, set gl_texsort to 0. Unlike in win9x, setting it to 1 impairs performance.

Comment

Try increaseing your max fps and rate.

Comment

Working...
        X