IT HAS BEGUN!!! Diablo II Stress Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT HAS BEGUN!!! Diablo II Stress Test

Well, technically it has begun, but the site hasn't updated as of last I checked. On to the topic...

Diablo II stress test sign up has begun, so all you Diablo fans head on over to GameSpot and sign up.

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Yeah I was kinda pissed that the last signup was random and not skill-based. Grr...

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Unfortunately I do believe the only character available for the stress test will be the barbarian. Blizzard, JUST SHIP ALREADY!
      Asus K7V
      Athlon 700
      128mb PC133 HSDRAM
      Matrox Millennium g400max
      Adaptec 2940U2W
      IBM 9gb U2W
      Plextor 8/20 cdr
      Diamond MX300
      3com 905b-tx

Comment

My main character will be the barbarian anyway, so it just makes me that much happier....

Dimitri
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I'm with Muad'Dib! The Barbarian is going to rock! May not be the most powerful, but he is going to be the most fun to play Of course I also thought the Warrior in Diablo was the most fun... The Rogue was okay, but the wizard gets boring after you have a lvl 15 fireball and chain lighting with 600+ mana.

Jammrock

Comment

i can't wait to see the paly in action.. i play a paly in almost all the muds i played in

Glarec
            ------
            bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

I have a confession.

I have lived a breathed for this game ever since it was announced sometime after the release of Diablo(1) back in 1996. That's FOUR years! I know I'm a really sad person, but I just loved that game SO much.

I used to play a lot of roleplaying back in the early 90's and Diablo was the first game to really make roleplaying come alive on the computer in the sense that you could control a character in realtime combat and go on adventure with your friends online or on a LAN. I know some people will argue that Diablo was not a "true" roleplaying game but more "hack & slash". All I can say is, in my mind and in my friends' that I played it with, it was.

It was groundbreaking in more ways than I can remember.

I still find myself checking blizzard.com and battle.net almost every day for updates on Diablo2. The only really hard thing about the last month has been trying to avoid reading spoilers online or looking at screenshots of the major encounters in the game.

Enough ranting. I hope to meet some of you guys on bnet someday and go on another great adventure to defeat the Lord of Terror again. Maybe we should form a Clan MURC on bnet?

Regards,

Jake

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 02 May 2000).]
              Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
              ----------------------
              Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Barbarians! Bah to you all! hehe. The barbarian is fun if you don't want to have to think and just click rapidly for awhile.
                Asus K7V
                Athlon 700
                128mb PC133 HSDRAM
                Matrox Millennium g400max
                Adaptec 2940U2W
                IBM 9gb U2W
                Plextor 8/20 cdr
                Diamond MX300
                3com 905b-tx

Comment

No! The necromancer will be fun. I always wanted to command my own army of darkness...
                  Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

mj12,

Apparently you are not an avid warrior/barbarian style of player. Take Diablo I as an example. Right now I have a lvl 34 Socerer. I can go into Hell in Hell Mode, walk into a room, light it up, and move on. If I die, oh well, walk back into the room, light it up some more, get my stuff back. Woo hoo! Gee that was exciting. Playing a Rogue what do you do. Walk in the room with your Windforce and kill everything before it gets to you. Yee ha!

The warrior is the ONLY character that requires some real skill to play in the higher levels. You have to work to not get surrounded, make sure your equipment is in good repair, because you actually do get hit, chase down range attackers, worry heavily about resistances and watch out for those damn fireballs.

Plus in D2 the barbarian gets a cool new toys that no one else gets, jump. Creek in the way, no problem, just jump over it Surrounded by a bunch of nastiest? Leap away and do a little death from above

I guess its my Viking half that makes me want to play the barbarian, but I think its going to be the most fun to play of them all.

Just my $0.02.

Jammrock

Comment

In D2, the barbarian shall no longer suffer from this. Supposedly, he will be able to pick up some long distance fighting skills and will not suck that much when levelled up.
                      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

The Closed Beta ends Wednesday, 10 May, so that means the Stress Tst will be starting soon!

JOY!!!

Jammrock

Comment

Working...
                        X