MURC UT Server with Assult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MURC UT Server with Assult

i began playing UT in deathmatch mode, and i thought it was ok. then played team deathmatch and never looked back. after MURC switched from team deathmatch to CTF, i thought it was cool

my friend came over this past weekend and i introduced UT to him and he loved it. the only problem he said was that it was too shallow. he used to play rainbow six before and he said he doesn't get to frag much, but the suspense was great and alot of team work. so we began exploring new possibility with the game. we found infiltration add-on(more realistic weapon and more like rainbow six type.. only problem is the that it's hard to distinguish between different teams by their skins), and also found assult mode. man, assult mode ROCKS! maps are way more beautiful and most of the maps are HUGE. some of them really kills my system in terms of fps though..(i got 36 fps with the phobia timedemo, but i usually see fps in the mid 40's when i play) i had never had a map that look my system down to 15 fps before :P if you don't believe me.. try the pyramid map!

would be nice to switch the murc server to be able to do different mode a couple times a week.. of course i don't know how hard that is. i never ran a server before.. adsl is not great for hosting with that small 128k upload speed *grumble*

anyway.. just a thought

btw, what do you guys use to timedemo UT nowadays?

------------------
    Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

[This message has been edited by glarec (edited 08 May 2000).]
    Glarec
    ------
    bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...
Working...
X