Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmm, G400 Max - Excellent in Unreal but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, G400 Max - Excellent in Unreal but..

Well I got Unreal working really nicely in OpenGL mode. Fullscreen in 800x600 is a little jerky thou. If I place it at 800x600 on desktop (esktop size 1280x1024) then it runs as smooth as hell & looks well nice
    Never noticed all those shiney surfaces with me old G200.

Guess I need to try out more stuff with it or maybe get Expendable working right.

Anyone else noticed Unreal working faster in Window mode than in Full-Screen? Its normally the other way round in most games/cards.

If you're running it in Windowed mode, you're not really running it in OpenGL.

Also, UT's OpenGL support is horrendous. If you really want to play this game you have to run it in Direct3D mode.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What Wombat said. Epic has stated that the OpenGL support in U.T. is "experimental". Use D3D and you'll notice a large improvement since the G400 is the king of D3D cards.

The Rock
      www.3dforce.com
      Bart

Comment

Just as those guys said. In D3D it totally rocks. Fast as hell if your processor is a P2 333 or faster. And goureous to. G200 did shiny stuff too, just at a larger performance hit. OGL works fine for me, but D3D is faster and more stable. Specially with latest patch. Have fun

------------------
        AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.52015, 1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

I've found that I get higher frame rates with timedemo turned on in Opern GL than I do in D3D BUT in OpenGL every now and then it will stutter.

Comment

Working...
          X