• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q3 + dualhead problems

i just installed q3 on my:
    k7 750
    256MB
    G400 MAX
    with the turbogl and it runs great at 1024x768, 32bit color depth and all the graphics options at its highest. the only problem is that when i use multi-display, the game won't start up due to some error in Open GL. Is this (and any 3d game including SOF which gets the same error) playable while i'm runnign multi-display?

also, one other little problem, i think it has to do with the use of AGP2X. when i'm looking through the models (at 1024x768) i can only go through half?? the pages before i run out of memory to display the models. i'm assuming this is because the 32 megs on the G400 Max is used up and therefore i'm using only AGP1X. is this correct? should i just use powerstrip or something to turn 2X on? or perhaps my aperature grill size is too small?

thanks

You must disable dualhead in display properties to play.

Not sure WHAT you're asking in the second part. The aperature grill is part of your monitor's screen, this doesn't have anything to do with AGP modes.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Q3A should work in multidisplay mode under Winblows 9x if you are using the TurboGL. If you are not using the TurboGL, you will have to disable the second display (turn it off via the Display Control Panel).

SoF does not work with the TurboGL, you have to use the ICD. The ICD will not work unless you shut down all but the primary display (it's a Winblows limitation).

You may mean AGP Apeture size in the BIOS. Mine's at 256MB on a 440BX-based board. Used to be 256MB on my Athlon board (MSI 6167) as well. Try that and see what happens.
      The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
      The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
      The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Working...
      X