Low FPS in Half-Life with G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low FPS in Half-Life with G400

I'm getting an extremely low frame rate in Half-Life @ 1024x768, never more than 20fps. I've tried both D3D and GL, no difference. I also tried lower resolutions (640x480, 800x600), but it didnt slove the problem.
    I'm sure 'maxfps' is not set to 20.
    I have v5.41 drivers for G400.
    My specs are: P3-450, 192Mb SDRAM and G400-32Mb-SH... with such specs I dont think that 20fps is normal...

Anyone care to help?
    Tnx.

[This message has been edited by Dark IvN (edited 05 May 2000).]

just being curious, u tried TurboGL?

Comment

Definately too low - even without TGL, you should get a higher framerate than this. I'm running Win2K nowadays with an Athlon 800, but when I had a PIII 450, Half Life had a much higher framerate than this. Do you have all the drivers for your motherboard installed? i.e Via AGP drivers etc. Without knowing your motherbord model - I can't offer much more help.
      What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Add this line to your autoexec.cfg or opengl.cfg:

gl_texsort "1"

While according to various HL tweak sites, this setting is supposed slow things down, with the G400, it picks it up...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

i have the same problem, too. i onlys get around 20fps and somrtimes a maximum of 35 in simple levels with less polygons. "gl_texsort 1" makes no difference !!!

------------------
          >> Surfwienix <<
          (German)

My System:

AMD K6-2/400@450
          Epox MVP3C-M Super7 (VIA 4.20 + AGP v4.0)
          128MB SDRAM(PC100)
          Matrox Millennium G400 MAX
          (PD 5.52 + TGL 1.3 + DX 7a) AGP2x/256MB @IRQ11(not sharing) non-o/c
          Terratec DMX Sound-System
          6,4GB Maxtor HDD (UDMA33)
          ASUS 50x-CDROM (UDMA33)
          Realtek 8019 Ethernet (ISA)
          19" Monitor CTX-VL950T (95khz)
          Windows 98SE

my system:

AMD XP 2000+
          Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
          512MB SDRAM133
          Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
          Windows XP Prof

Comment

Well this really is curious. At least on the K7 the stuff should work faster! I'm running a 650 with my driver pack (latest version was released today) + TurboGL (latest on Matrox' servers) for Half-Life and it is perfectly fluid in single as well as multiplayer @ 1024x768x32 best image quality settings!

If you'd like to try my drivers surf over to www.paraknowya.de d/l the latest pack, uninstall the old drivers via uninstaller, restart the PC and install the new ones! Next install the turboGL drivers for the games you need them for. I'd say Half-Life needs it because the ICD does not work that well with this game!

regards
            PKY www.paraknowya.de

Comment

I have some problems with Halflife too...
              I just bought it (Yeah I know it's and old game but never had the chance to play it)
              And I thought "it's an old game so it will rock on my system" but I noticed other people have some problems too...
              The performance during both single and multiplayer really sucks...
              I have an athlon K7 600 with 256 MB ram and a G400 DH..

Comment

Working...
              X