G200 + 3DMark2000 = Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 + 3DMark2000 = Problems

I can't get 3DMark2000 working properly on my G200. The startup screen is black for a LONG time, none of the fading text overlays appear, the walking character in the first demo is black instead of textured, the helicopter demo landscape is white, etc, etc.

Relevant system specs:

Pentium III 500E @ 667mhz
    Soyo 6BA+IV MB
    128MB PC133 RAM
    Matrox Millenium G200 AGP 8MB (BIOS v 1.04)
    - Powerdesk 5.52.015 drivers
    - Desktop resolution: 1024x768x32bit
    AGP Aperature (BIOS):128MB
    DirectX 7.0A
    16bit or 32bit Z-Buffer, makes no difference

I've tried testing in different resolutions, color depths, etc, but it always looks weird.

Any ideas? I know it's only a benchmark, but it's so darn cool looking when it works! On a more serious note, I'm honestly a bit concerned that if I'm having problems with 3DMark, what am I missing in my games?

Is this only happening under 3D Mark 2000? Do you get the same problems with directx games?

If so, then you mighth consider reinstalling your drivers, installing another version, or if all else fails, reinstalling Windows. I know it's a pain, but you may have a corrupt configuration.
    What do you want a signature for?

Comment

I'll have to try reinstalling the video drivers. I have a fairly recent install of Windows (it's only been a month since my last format).

Thanks for the advice - I'll let you know if it works.

Comment

Hey i had a similar problem, i have a 500E well had one, and when i oc it to 667 some benchmarks go slower on the vid card and 3d mark 2k wont run, try setting the cpu at 700 or 650 seemed to fix it for me.... good luck
        DV

Comment

Unfortunately, reinstalling the drivers didn't work... nor did changing the clock speed. I even tried clocking down to 500mhz with no success.

I did email MadOnion, but haven't heard anything yet.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Ok... I've done some testing with interesting results. 3DMark2000 works for me using the 5.41.008 Matrox drivers.

However, Unreal Tournament looks terrible - looks like it's running in software mode, no detailed textures, just polygons. However, when running 5.52.015, UT is all black, with the exception of my gun and other players.

Argh! I can't win!

Comment

Working...
            X