I can't get my G400 MAX to work with K7V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't get my G400 MAX to work with K7V

I just upgraded my computer from C366 o/c to 564 to K7 700 and Asus K7V, this is my current computer config.:

K7 700
    Asus K7V with VIA 4 in 1 4.20 driver and AGP mini-driver
    256MB PC-133 RAM
    G400 MAX with 5.52 and turboGL driver
    SB LIVE! Plantium
    IBM 20G 7200 ATA66
    D-link 10/100 NIC

After I installed win98, I tried to play quake3 but it just keep on crashing, so I reinstalled the 5.50 driver and it is a bit better, still just grey screen and sound only, can somebody tell me how to solve that?

------------------

Yep..

I had the same problem with the K7V..
    But it can be solved...
    What you need to do is to get the lastest PD from matrox version 5.52 and also get version 5.41. Extract both versions and go into the dir where you have extraced V5.41 and find the file named: G400icl.dl_ and overwrite the file named the same in the v.5.52 folder. Now install the 5.52 and you will get all the new improvment of 5.52, but you will use 5.41 of the ICL. It works fine.....

Oh yeah...It seems that if you use the turbo driver with the K7V, your OpenGL will f*ck up pretty bad..... So try that with causion..

------------------
    Signature...?
    I don't need no sticking Signature..!
    Signature...?
    I don't need no sticking Signature..!

Comment

Is there anyway to remove turbo drivers?

Krider
      Krider
      www.g256.com

Comment

Krider, just click the blue monitor looking icon in your systray, and select turbogl manager, and you can select the games you do and don't want using turbogl.

Rags

Comment

Working...
        X