Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I run my Matrox at 100 mhz AGP bus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I run my Matrox at 100 mhz AGP bus?

I have a feeling it won't make any sort of difference since my matrox probably still takes the measly and slow info from my Celery 450 and just laughs and says "come on, aren't you gonna give me some work??? You lazy slow processor!!!" But since my viddie card will run on a 100 mhz bus with the 1/1 AGP ratio, should I do it or no?

Best Regards,

Mattias R. Lindgren
    Drugs are Bad
    Hugs are Good

If you have the money to replace it if it fries, hell, YES!

Comment

Report back with results PLEASE! I'm was going to do it, but the only card I have for a backup is a crappy TNT1. I'm going to order a Geforce 2 soon but I don't think I could live without a computer until it gets here.....
      C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Report back with results PLEASE! I'm was going to do it, but the only card I have for a backup is a crappy TNT1. I'm going to order a Geforce 2 soon but I don't think I could live without a computer until it gets here.....
        C:\DOS
        C:\DOS\RUN
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

My G200 is currently running at 103 agp. Though you will most likely need to force agp1x to do it. Don't worry about that either as the only thing that uses 2x/4x is benchmarks.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hi Mattias,

first off ... Welcome aboard !

and then do what Greebe suggested, restrict your card to AGP1x and launch it.

Most people were successfull and now have something like AGP1.5x ...

You should do some benchmarks in advance to see the difference. I recommend texture intense benchmarks like 3D Marks texture rendering suites or Tirtanium with the BigTex pack.

Btw, why do you only have the option for 1/1 FSB/AGP ratio ?
            You also didn't mention anything about your Matrox card ...
            Make sure to have enough cooling so thatg you won't fry your chips !

Besides that ... have fun !
            Maggi
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I ran my g400 vanilla @ 100mhz agp for about 6hrs straight (100fsb with 1/1)to see if it would have any probs @ 140mhz fsb with 2/3 and had no probs (no smoke from the case ) and it stayed @ 2x (200mhz) however there's a lot of xtra coolin' on my card
              jim
              PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
              128mb pc-100 cas 2
              Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
              Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              and 384k DSL!

Comment

Personally, My G400Max, with added cooling, running 133fsbon my BX mobo, drops to agp1x

------------------
                G400 on a G400
                What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Working...
                X