I got a couple of problems here guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a couple of problems here guys

Hey When I attempt to play assault in UT after about 4-5 min into the game the game will freeze and I will be kicked back to my desktop. The same thing happens in TFC, and SOF. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what can I do to try to fix this? I'm running Win2k Pro, with the 5.03.025 powerdesk drivers, my setup looks like this:
    P III 550e @733
    AOpen AX63pro
    SB Live +mp3(11)
    G400 max(11)
    Promise Ultra66 IDE controller card(11)
    2 nic cards, both by realtek, one 10/100 and one 100 base T(11)
    RealMagic Hollywood DVD decoder card(5)
    *the numbers in parenthisis are each cards IRQ
    I also have 256 megs of CAS-2 PC133 SDRAM
    and a Maxtor 40GB HD...I think that's all, but if I left anything out please let me know...thanxx in advace for any assistance

I'm very inexperinced with W2k, but it seems like you have far too many devices using IRQ
    11. G400's like to have the IRQ to themselves. Or share it with IRQ holder for PCI steering at most. This may not be it, but it has been for many people. Someone else will help ya tho if it turns out to be something else

------------------
    AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.52015, 1 grey cat, 1 black cat and 1 calico

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Hi wixxter,

I notice you have the AX63 Pro, I have seen numerous problems posted about this particular board when using the ACPI HAL under win2k, which it looks like you are using, you may want to try to contact AOpen to see if they have a more ACPI compliant BIOS, or nuke your installation and shut ACPI off in your bios, then re-install.

Rags

Comment

okay, how do I get my graphics card on an IRQ by itself? And Aopen has a BIOS upgrade that upgrades the ACPI, to version 1.00B, so I'll get that too

Comment

Hi wixxter,

When using ACPI HAL under win2k (which it appears you are), the appearance of IRQ sharing is perfectly normal. All busmastering devices will share the same IRQ, and win2k will deal with the IRQ internally using ACPI.

Rags

Comment

OK, thanxx, So what should I do about the random game crashes? Other than the crashes the games run wonderfully, but at the rate I'm going, I'll never beat SOF..you think I should just wait for a newer driver release?

Comment

Hi wixxster,

Like I said before, I would try updating your bios, or contacting your motherboard mfr. for their input, if this doesn't help, disable ACPI in your bios, and reinstall win2k.

Rags

Comment

Working...
              X