ST:Armada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST:Armada

Damn I hate when things like this happen...i got to the last borg mission in the single player game, but now for some reason, no matter what i try and do, the game crashes back to the desktop on me. GRRRRRRRRR
    I am using the 5.30 PD drivers and am running it in win98SE
    Anyone got any ideas as to why the damn game wants to piss me off so much??? (Kruzin??)

Thanks

Frankfurt

------------------
    Here is my crappy system config:
    K6-2 450, 128MB SDRAM,Tyan Trinity ATX (S1598 2mb cache on board), G400 Max Card
    Windows 98SE/Mandrake Linux 7.0/win2k/beos 5.0 (free version)
    SB 128 PCI
    AOpen Lan aln-325c
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

I doubt it's the Matrox drivers. I've been able to play the game through with 5.52.

go to www.st-armada.com and download the beta patch... it's supposed to solve a lot of problems

Comment

I'm working on that last mission myself.
      Watta bear it is....them borg just keep on comin =)

I agree that I don't think it's the Matrox drivers. The game has been plauged by bugs, as seen on thier forums. The beta patch just came out a couple of days ago, and has gotten mixed results....but overall, the game has been pretty stable for me since I got it running. It has dumped to the desktop on me from time to time, but I think it's the sound in the game doing it. I've seen posts at the Armada forums that say disabling hardware sound acceleration in DX may help, but I have not tried it, since my problems have not been severe at all....
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

thanks for the input...only thing is, that *beta* word that precludes the word patch...i would rather not use it.
        But on the other hand...if it fixes my problems...
        I guess ill go download it when im back in windows 98, but right now i got some other things to do, like get prepared for a night at the bars

Frankfurt
        Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
        WinXP Professional SP1
        Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
        3COM 905C

Comment

I am having similar problems to what kruzin described... periodic times when armada will be kind enough to close out and return me to windows.

Yet another product to add to the "vendor released a product not ready for release"

The degree of this is almost getting ridiculous. I'm happy UT was one of FEW exceptions =)

Comment

THe game does not like the SBLive.
            I had to set my desktop and game to 640by480by16bit single or dual diplay, turn off absolutely all background apps, and set the sound channels to 4. I still get occasional sound crashes.

Comment

I have an problem with it as well. I complete the 2nd Borg mission, and it just quits tried it a few times and it keeps on doing it, from a save game. I'll have to play the level again from scratch I guess

P3 500
              G400 Max
              256Mb 100Mhz
              SB Live Value
              19" Hansol

Jazza
              --
              Jazza
              www.i-wish.org.uk

P3 500 (not O/C)
              Gigabyte BXDS
              256Mb Ram