Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimize G200

Hello everyone
    I have a question-Is there any official Matrox utility for optimizing G200’s? If not, then which is the best one from those available on this site? Do all these utilities overclock the card? The thing is, I want to optimize my G200 without overclocking it (My card is pretty new, and I don’t want to get too adventurous with it, not now at least!) So how do I optimize it?
    Another thing-I read somewhere that there’s a registry key called “ShowMeAllMatrox”.Is this right? And where and how is it entered in the registry?What hidden features of the card’s drivers does it show? And what does unchecking the box “Use simplified monitor controls” in Powerdesk do?
    Thanks in anticipation of your reply
    Ovi

let me give you the bad news straight out, the g200 isnt the fastest card for its generation , but has great graphic quality.

it will work very well with games such as sports, driving, role-playing, but if u wanna play 1st person shootups halflife/unreal.. etc you will have some problems with speed, unless you have a high spec computer with powerful cpu and lotsa ram. i suggest you get the latest version of mgatweak and try that out. im not sure of how to optimize it without o'erclocking it.

i dont think anyone really needs to or uses the "advanced monitor controls"... but to see what it does, go to "adjust current display mode" then try it again after you uncheck the "use simplified monitor controls"

im not sure about the "showmeallmatrox" registry key though!?!?!

------------------
    P5A-B AMD K6-300
    Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP
    Creative SB Awe32 (a classic, superb card)
    Realtek 8029A NIC Card
    64meg Ram
    Ali V agp chipset
    <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
    VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
    Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
    128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
    Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
    Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
    Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
    Realtek 8029A NIC Card
    Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
    Actima 36X CD-Rom
    Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
    Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
    Windows 2000 (primary)
    Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Comment

Thanks Nehalmistry
      Okay, anyone else knows about the registry key “ShowMeAllMatrox”?
      Cheers
      Ovi

Comment

Working...
      X