No announcement yet.

Half-Life Crashes my computer bigtime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life Crashes my computer bigtime!

Half-Life still crashes on my computer and Im all out of solutions. I have tried everything anybody have said but it can only give me a little more time before it crashes and totally hang my computer. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

P2 350, G400 DH 32, 64+32+32 RAM, some gigabyte mobo...

Try setting your agp aperture size to 256, your desktop to 1028x768x16bit, running your vid card at AGP 1X, and fresh install of Half-Life+latest patch and of course latest drivers for everything. G'luck.

Comment

If you've ever had a Voodoo card (1,2,or 3) you should delete any files named "glide" and also delete the opengl dll from your half-life directory and make sure it is cleanly replaced with the TurboGL. Also, if you have a Netgear network card, make sure you update the drivers. The shipping drivers made a lot of games crash. If all else fails, take out all your hardware except the video, do a clean reinstall of Windows, play Half-Life, then add in your hardware one at a time until it crashes again. Then you'll be able to pinpoint what's causing the crashes. I don't think it has anything to do with your Matrox video, though.

Comment

I can't change my AGP aparture or anything with the AGP-port at all.. probably because the BIOS on my mobo. But it IS the latest BIOS version ... from 1998 or so though :P
        I have had a VooDoo 2 before I got my G400, but it is many months and many format:s ago
        And since I dont have a P3 processor I cant use TurboGL right?
        I can try the desktop bitdepth (runnint 32 bit now). But if you can think of anything else it could be please help. I'll post if the bitdepth works or doesnt work asa have tried.

Comment

Well I have tried changing to 16 bit desktop and if I do i can 10-15 minutes instead of 1-5... if i change it and restart I can play over 20 minutes but it still crashes... When you play you wanna do more than that :P
          If you can think of anything that could help please post it! Im all out of idéas now...

Comment

Try using the Turbo GL. They work with PIII, Athlon, K6-2/3, PII/Celeron for a long time now. I think they added support for the PII/Celeron and K6-2/3 since the release of the seperatly available TGL at the end of last year.

------------------
            My Sytem: P3 450@558, Asus P3B-F(Bios 1005), 128 MB PC-100(2,3,3,4, fast), G400 Max@174/218 (MGA-Tweak:2,5/2/2,5,435) PD 5.52wTGL1.30, 13GB Quantum Fireball CR, Pioneer 40*CD-Rom, SBLive!Value (Liveware 3.0)

Comment

Using the TurboGL drives really did is!!! Half-life runs faster and smother and doesnt crash anymore!!! And when I get my new p3 processor i might run it good in more than 800*600

Comment

Working...
              X