Obsessing and the UT server!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsessing and the UT server!!!

I need help! I think I need to go throw some type of 12 step program, but wonted to get other peoples opinions!
    I can't wait to get home from work to log onto the server, and see if there is someone to play. Even if there isn't I will play with the Bots. I get to bed late after playing and then start dreaming of playing. Dreaming of how I played and what I should have done to keep from getting fraged. I have nightmares about getting telafraged by Dr. Carnage, getting hammered by Thunderchez, Getting blasted by Beezer with the shock rifle, having Cybertec getting me with the flack cannon, SnakeEyes blowing me up with rockets, and the list goes on.
    So could I be suffering from the Lions, Tigers, and Bears syndrome? ----Omy
    So what do you think? Should I seek professional help?
    I also think that Darth_Mahl mite need to go with me, he keeps chasing me around work thinking he has an Air Hammer!!!!!!

Oboy
    LOL
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

BWAHAHAHAH!!!!

Hey Oboy, you better process my product lots first or I'm taking my Clean Room Hammer in the FAB...LOL

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hey, I'm just now starting to get used to the air hammer. I never thought that it could be that much fun. Just hold the fire button down and go tag people!

The first couple of days that I really start getting into a new game, it really encompasses my life. I can't go to sleep for hours because I'm lying awake thinking about running around in UT. I had the same problem with StarCraft when I was getting into it....I couldn't help but think of mining minerals and upgrading armor and trying to plot my attacks better.

After a week or so, it does not affect me nearly as much. I still play for hours, but once I stop, I don't think about it any more.

You might need to cut back your UT hours a little bit. It is not good to be overly posessed by something like this.

Do you at least take enough time out to have dinner and restroom breaks? If you are going without food, you've definitely got a problem IMHO.

Check out this thread http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000317.html

[This message has been edited by Thundrchez (edited 13 April 2000).]

Comment

If I have had a really heavy amount of time on the server I get the same way, Luckily I have started eating again and don't think about it as much as before, Hockey playoffs have started and I have to see how good/bad my Avalanche do so I might not be around as much.

------------------
        PIII 650E at 805Mhz, G400Max, Asus P3B-F (ain't none better!), 384MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.
        PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

hey, what about me? i thought i did my share of fragging you (and vice versa) :P anyway, i don't really get that involved with games anymore (getting too old sigh). although i still prefer to use the air hammer nowadays to play tagging *grin*

the last time something got me soooo involved was MUD. man, i talked, walked, slept thinking about the mud. i chat with my rl friends who was also playing at that mud at the time. we discuss tactics, equip, quests, everything... those were the days heh... in case someone wonder. the mud i was playing in was Sojourn(Toril).

anyway, back to work now.. happy fragging.. now all i have to do is figure out which version of the matrox driver to use.. 5.04 which can handle my dual board without crashing while playing UT, but can't play movies over the TV right (that upside down frame every 100 or so frames BUG), or 5.03, which can play the movies right, but crash UT unless i either disable bus mastering or use the single processor mode *groan*

------------------
          Glarec
          ------
          bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Glarec
          ------
          bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

Hey Darth, I would recommend the shock rifle in a clean room -- less particulates..... unless, of course, the you have a gortex bunny suit for that air hammer.
            My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Hehe...Your right Beezer, the Hammer would generate too many particles in the cleanroom. But I'd have to reduce power on the Shock Rifle. I wouldn't want to induce plasma damage in our Gate Oxide either...LOL

Paul
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Thundrchez,
                I read the thread and NO I am not that bad off!! Thank GOD!!
                I do eat and sleep. I think the big thing for me is just playing with all of you!!
                There are times when my sides heart from all the laughing I do!!!:O
                Also my son Ricky likes to play with everyone!!

Beezer,
                Don't give Paul ideas!!! LOL

Oboy

Time to make the wafers!
                Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

BOOM!!!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Paul

Comment

Yokomo-
                    Hockey playoffs have started and I have to see how good/bad my Avalanche

YOUR Avs???
                    You're in California according to your profile.
                    They're MY Avs!!

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

with Bourque now playing for them, they're MY Aves too
                      jim
                      PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
                      128mb pc-100 cas 2
                      Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
                      Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
                      SB Live!
                      Winblows 98se & DX7
                      and 384k DSL!

Comment

They have been my Avs since way before when they were still the Nords, plus I cannot stand the Los Angeles Kings. Hollywood hockey sucks, and so do Ducks.

------------------
                        PIII 650E at 805Mhz, G400Max, Asus P3B-F (ain't none better!), 384MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.
                        PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Oh!!No!! The UT server is down!!! Help...Haig!!!!! But who's obsessing...not me

Paul

Comment

THE MATROX UT SERVER IS DOWN AGAIN... just happily playing on it 5 minutes ago, we finished the round on the "Gothic" map, and it just did not advance to the next map. OH, NO!

Maybe I should pay some attention to my dog. Somehow he does not understand my obsession with UT.

Comment

I always found DOG to be a very high-quality game. Very quick graphics, extremely detailed with high resolution, and highly interactive. The AI is amazing but can be unpredictable at times. I play it everyday after a long day futzing with the computer and I'm always amazed at its superior technology.
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X