MGABG.exe hogging 30% CPU cycles ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGABG.exe hogging 30% CPU cycles ????

I was playing Quake3 and was getting 45fps then dropping down to ~20fps then bach up to ~45fps, over and over again. Stopped Quake3 and found MGABG.exe taking 30% of my CPU. What the hell does this do and why all of a sudden start running? After a while it stopped. Running win2k if anyone cares.

------------------
    A person should not promise to give a child something and then not give it,
    because in that way the child learns to lie.
    Babylonian Talmud
    Babylonian Talmud

You need to give us some system specs.

My guess is that you have a G200 and are using the 5.52 drivers. What you described is a known issue with G200 and 5.52, and should be addressed in the next G200 drivers.

mgabg.exe is something Matrox has added to try to avoid the corrupt bios problems that many people have seen. BG is BIOS Guard. It monitors your G200s BIOS, and will fix it if it detects a problem.

Make an emergency BIOS disk, and stop running mgabg. If your BIOS fails, use the emergency disk.

Of course, this is all just a guess until we know what your system is
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have the G400 (non-max). Drivers 5.04 for win2000.

PII 400 @ 448, ASUS P2B, 128MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live! value.

[This message has been edited by good health to all (edited 14 April 2000).]
      Babylonian Talmud

Comment

Working...
      X