Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok so I'm new to these boards...explanation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok so I'm new to these boards...explanation?

I have a Matrox G400 that locks up alot in half-life...I will download that tweak thing and try it...I also found out that OPENGL doesn't support 24bit pallete which is what I'm set to. So that's another thing. BUT, what is the matrox powerdesk that everyone is talking about? Is it simply the latest drivers? FYI my PC...

AMD Athlon 700MHz
    SBLIVE! X-Gamer
    Matrox G400 32MB
    256MB PC133 RAM
    ASUS K7V PC133 AT66
    Maxtor 30GB AT66 7200RPM
    2 D-Link NIC's

Welcome to the best forums on the net

You are correct. OGL must run in 16 or 32bit...not 24bit. 24bit gets no hardware acceleration.

Powerdesk is the control software that is packaged with the drivers. PD is what gives us all of the bells-n-whistles like saving icon positions, desktop schemes and hot keys. When we refer to drivers versions, we are really refering to Powerdesk versions (5.52 is the current PD version, but the drivers themselves are 4.11.xxx). Just stick with PD versions when refering to drivers, and you'll be fine...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

no problemo...i figured that anyway. DAMN, installing that system with the card was a bitch...it's amazing that I found this site, and you guys were the only ones with the LATEST PDesk, not even Matrox had that one on the site that I could find yesterday. I kept getting VXD errors, finally i blew out the registry entries, was able to get on with my cable modem got the latest, installed rebooted...and BOOYA!!!! No more VXD errors..damn I'm good =)

Comment

Working...
      X