WTF? No screenshots....news to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? No screenshots....news to me

Maybe since I stopped caring about the little details and just play games, this one is old news, but screenshots taken on the g400 in OGL mode in both Halflife and Quake3 either come up solid black, or static looking. (like your tv set withno channel

The ingame images are FINE.

This is over multiple drivers, because I habitually take a screenshot at the end of most counterstrike and q3ctf matches. Its been **ages** since I looked at any, but I just checked because I just had a 26:0 CS game I wanted to show someone. (Ima lpb, yeah yeah yeah) Every one since I bought the g400 is foiked up. This is over the life of the card, from drivers going back to the ones that came with the cd to August 99. Were talking 4.2 something to 5.whatever here, before and after TurboGL.

I have over 600 USELESS black screen HL CS screenshots and about 200 static filled Q3 ones.

UGH, big waste of space...not like I care much about that though (el cheapo 30gb ide) but all those PRECIOUS shots, and I usually only take them when I'm kicking ass (even more so recently, DSL and some awesome games are GONE. My TFC game from god on Yoda's TFC (a good 300+ frags ahead anyone else WITHOUT captures on either side, this was when it didn't reset 2fort for hours on end, but STILL GONE, my deathless CS games GONE the 9 sentry guns on crossover GONE the all-spy-thrashing on canal zone (they never made it out) GONE the 3 flying medics antics (that was FUN) GONE no no no! SHIT, had some GREAT material.

Well, not THAT important, but SHIT I spent all that time screenshotting for nothing. I was going to fill a cd with them for grins eventually too :/ one of those 'I suck huh? OH YEAH?! eat *THIS*!' cds.

Either that, or photoshop doesn't recognize how HL and Q3 do screenshots. I doubt it though, they're TGAs. That would kick some butt if it were the problem tho.

Its multiple machines too, I always copy my HL directory (you can *BTW* back it up to a cd and forget HL cd, who the hell plays offline anymore anyway?) to keep my configs and boatloads of maps.

Been on both Celeron 450 + g400 max and Athlon 800 + g400 max setups and 3 different HDs (IBM wide scsi, seagate U2 scsi, WD ata66) and been through god-only-knows how many Windoze reinstalls. Doubt corruption, every other image has survived ok (cough pr0n cough)

Anyone else gone through this? :/

They come up solid black, static looking, if you use TurboGL. Screenshots should be fine if you use the 5.52 drivers; if you really like TurboGL more, try using HyperSnap-DX Pro for screenshots. Can't remember site address at this very moment.. grr.

Comment

HypersnapDX can be found at: www.hyperionics.com
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I figured it was old news. Wish I had taken my head out of my ass a good while back and checked all those SS I was saving every night

Oh well, 760mb more space for isos.

Comment

Working...
        X