"out of memory" error in SWAT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "out of memory" error in SWAT3

SWAT3 reports an "out of memory error" when loading the action part of any mission, usually on 50% or 95%.
    I have the latest UK version [1.20]

Anyone know what's up ??

TIA,
    Rex the Runt

system:

AMD K6-2 500MHz
    Tyan S1598 mobo w/1Mb cache
    192Mb RAM
    11Gb free disk space
    G400 dualhead 32Mb
    powerdesk 5.30.007
    directX 7
    Win98SE

I have a similar problem with UT, but it was suggested that I try using each stick of ram seperately (as you have 192, you have a 64 and 128 dimm) and if they both work (then they are too far missmatched) or if one doesn't work (then you know you have a bad stick of ram). Also check your AGP Aperture size in your bios. I know it's supposed to be 1/2 your ram, but a lot of people put it as their ram size or even more. Ok, that's the only thing I know about ram (thanks to Kruzin and Rags ) so try that or if anyone has anything better to suggest, by all means do it.

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
    X