Soldier of Fortune crash after 1st level - solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier of Fortune crash after 1st level - solution

I have a G400 MAX, and after the after the 1st level in SoF, I got kicked out to Windows. Well, I have the solution:
    I first used the latest 5.52 drivers, but I switched to the latest CERTIFIED drivers, which are 5.20, and it works just fine.
    Remember to un-install the 5.52 driver before you install the certified driver.

It sees that this problem is not only Matrox-related. I've heard of the same problem from ppl running ATI cards.

You can restart the game, and you are on the next level inside the save. Already beaten it, it happens one more time about halfway through.

I don't think its g400 specific either, I'm not the only one who had this happen, and I doubt all those other ISO pirates (proud owner of FAIRLIGHT SOF) have g400s.

Comment

I would prefer to stick to the newest drivers. SoF makes a autosave everytime a new level starts. So I found it's not too much of a hassle to just reload the game, and then select the autosave. A minor inconvenience, but I prefer it like this than going to older drivers...

Comment

I would recommend *not* reverting to the certified drivers. This is not a real solution. They are old, slow, and buggy.

If you're having problems with the 5.52 drivers, you have other options. Versions 5.41 and 5.30 are available on the MURC.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
        X